Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Union Square West) The Donatello Hotel

gailamundsen
By gailamundsen,
in

Hi, My two sisters and I are looking for a nice hotel In San Fran for one or two nights . so either October 22 and 23 or just October 23 We thought we should use Hotwire as there are the three of us. We are willing to spend $200. per night. We would like to be able to walk around or take public transit. We won't have a car. We want to avoid the sketchy areas. We don't need a pool or gym, just something clean and nice.  Should I try to book something now or wait a bit? I am not sure what areas to look for either.

Please start by concluding your previous Palms Spring Hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your most recent post above.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On 8/3/2017 at 5:43 PM, gailamundsen said:

either October 22 and 23 or just October 23

Is the decision fr one vs. two nites going to be based upon cost, the hotel options offered, or trying to figure out if everyone can also start the trip on 10/22?

With 10/22 being a Sunday nite, usually the least expensive hotel nite of the week for hotels (especially in large cities), including this nite will likely bring down your average cost per nite.

Searching hotwire (thru our BiddingHelper.com tool) for both nites and 3adults i see this offer:

3.5* Union Square West for $158.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Kitchenette
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> i'm not 100% certain, but my guess here would be The Donatello Hotel, which if correct would be over $100/nite savings off a conventionally booked room... and should be guess be wrong, this should still be an excellent hotel given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating (so you have a bit of a safety net should it be something else)

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that the group is excited with the results and looking forward to the trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property as a confirmed listing in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]