Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont North) Washington Hilton

jfiler
By jfiler,
in

5 hours ago, jfiler said:

If I used PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and got the Hilton Washington

It sounds as if you have already made a purchase for this trip, if so, can you please first provide the details of your win so that others can benefit from the information, we will then comment on your situation/question above.  In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with the property and showed prior to your purchase (if you have not yet made a purchase, and you're still in the searching phase, please provide the full details of what you're seeing and we will have a look at the hotel being offered and comment accordingly)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did not make a purchase yet. 

However I am looking at dates 8-29 to September 1 (3 nights) at Dupont Circle - Woodley Park area with Priceline Express Deals.

For a 4 star hotel, it is showing it for $80 a night. And I am sure that is the Hilton

The Hilton has both King and double Queen rooms for same price.

So If I get the King, can I request change or they will not allow that?

If this is the complete dates of the listing (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* Dupont Circle - Woodley Park for $80
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> then i would agree that this is likely the Washington Hilton

You can make any requests you'd like with the hotel, but how likely you are to have that request granted depends upon a lot of factors including hotel occupancy levels, what is available at the time you check-in, hotel policy, mood of the front desk clerk at check-in, etc. etc.  Part of 'etc' is if the value of what you're asking for is the same as what you current have, so in respect to this specific question, you have a better chance if the non-King room you have been assigned is the same price as the King room you want (ie- if the hotel charges more for rooms with King beds than a room with 1/2 Queen beds then your chances are less likely (or you may be asked to pay an additional fee to change), but if both rooms cost the same then your chances of having your request honored increases... yet if the hotel has high occupancy they just may not have any King bedded rooms available and not be able to give you what you're hoping for)

I'm not sure of your needs for this trip, but i did also see this property in the zone (confirm your dates on the landing page of the link provided below):

4.5* Dupont Circle - Woodley Park for $83
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if this is what you're seeing the best guess here would be The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.  Although this property is only $3 more per nite, it is a half star rating higher, and also offers a Bed Choice option, so you could be assured of a King bedded room at this price, should this property also work for your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply.

My preference is the double queen, not the king.

The problem with the 4.5 star option is that the double queen bed option is more expensive...its $104 per night, and I need that type of room, while with the Hilton the double queen and king are the same price.

EDIT TO ADD: OK, may have found a solution for you (or at least lower the risks a bit)...

Search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children and find the following offer:

4* Dupont North for $82.00
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one is the Washington Hilton

Using the 'regular' side of HOTWIRE and searching this property for 2adults/2children you can see HERE that all available rooms are 2 bedded and the one King rooms 'exceed max guests'.  So while no room configuration is guaranteed in this situation, i think it increases your chances of getting a room with 2 beds.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or if you go for the option presented above).

4 hours ago, jfiler said:

the double queen bed option is more expensive

A good example of what i referenced above where some hotels charging more for one room type than the other (even thru traditional booking channels).

Is this the only acceptable zone for your needs this trip?  Do you actually more than double occupancy OR are there only two guests but you don't want to share a bed?

13 hours ago, jfiler said:

Search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children and find the following offer:

4* Dupont North for $82.00

I only see an offer on hotwire for $85 with that specs. Did the offer get more expensive or am I doing something wrong?

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

Is this the only acceptable zone for your needs this trip?  Do you actually more than double occupancy OR are there only two guests but you don't want to share a bed?

We are a family of 4, I have 2 kids so I need 2 beds, and 1 king wouldn't be enough

I prefer this zone because I personally like Hilton hotels, and I enjoy this area.

Do you think there is a better offer in a nearby area with double queen?

So if I bet and get the Hilton, I will pay about $300, which is pretty good for 3 nights based on the high prices of those dates.

My other best option if I don't bet is to book the Kimpton Glover Park Hotel, which is close to the Hilton, and its a 4 star hotel, double queen room, Free valet parking offer (most hotels are $50 per night!), and with Orbitz coupon I can get 15% discount, bringing total to $370, and with my $40 orbucks, brings down to $320.

So its either the Hilton for $300 thru bidding, and that excludes parking ($150 for 3 night parking)

Or the Kimpton Glover through Orbucks, $320 with valet.

I personally think Hilton is alot better, but since The Kimpton double queen is guaranteed and parking is included, isnt it a better deal than bidding? 

Please tell me which you would pick? 

I'm still seeing $82 thru the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW for the property as described above (but when you're saving $50/nite i wouldn't lose any sleep over $3 one way or the other)

How old are your kids?  If there was one bed for you and a sofabed/rollaway for the kids, would that be acceptable?

Based upon the room configurations at the Hilton i do think you'll likely get a room with 2 actual beds, but since there is no Bed Choice option given, there are no guarantees.  What is guaranteed however is that HOTWIRE will ensure that you are given a room that will accommodate the number of guests you include in your search, so at the very least you know there will be someplace for everyone to sleep.

Let us know what you ultimately decide.

Two points:

14 hours ago, jfiler said:

If I do end up bidding, it will be through HOTWIRE.

1) there is no bidding via HOTWIRE, you take the price they offer or you don't (similar to PRICELINE EXPRESS)

2) offers can disappear at any time, if you do like the HOTWIRE offer and find it to be a good deal, you may wan tot act upon it sooner rather than later

With your kids being so young i would just use HOTWIRE and search for 2adults/2children as it will guarantee sleeping accommodations for everyone in your family and you don't really have to worry about the bedding arrangements (as the kids are usually just happy to be away and in a hotel room... only at about age 10+ did my daughter start to complain about a pullout sofabed)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, thereuare said:

there is no bidding via HOTWIRE

Oh Im sorry, I meant I'll get it through HOTWIRE, not PRICELINE.

So I did go ahead and book the deal with hotwire for $82 a night. Total paid is $313.

Turned out to be the Hilton like we guessed. Now I just have to send email to Hilton and request the double queen room.

Thanks for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]