Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Houston (Houston Galleria) Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

bikepoet
By bikepoet,
in

Research on HOTWIRE Hot Deals for 3 nights total:

HW 3.5 Boutique  FP, FI, for $56  (total $182.61 after $30 off, and this page suggests the last hotel was the Crown Plaza)
HW 2.5  FP FB FI for $166
HW 4 FP for $193 after $30 off

Chose 3.5* in zone 12 (Galleria)

Bid 38, decline, suggest free rebid 47

Add 6 Bid 39
Add 5 Bid 40
Add 2 Bid 41
Add 3 Bid 42, bid accepted, total price for 3 nights:  $155.52

Self-parking fee = $9 per day brings total to $182.52

Normal hotel price would be $94 per night.

So, it would have been close to the HOTWIRE hot deal with free parking.  I'm fed up with these hotels charging incessant amounts for parking, I think in areas where there are a mix of hotels, it's best to go with a known hot deal so you know how much your parking costs will be.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

While i dislike resort and parking fees just as much as anyone else, in some areas you just can't avoid it.  Where there are a mix of hotels that charge lots of extra and where there are others that do not, PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE can be better options as you are better able to know about any resort fees beforehand and/or you can filter the results by the 'Free Parking' amenity.

Even with the parking charge at this hotel, you're still all-in lower than the all-in rate thru HOTWIRE, and very much lower than a conventionally booked room.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]