Newbie with Priceline Express for London UK

Sportyster
By Sportyster,
in

Greetings

I'm searching PRICELINE express for accommodation in London for my brother and his wife for September 19-22,/17.  Because I'm doing the searching and booking for someone else, I need to be very cautious of what I book and I am a little apprehensive with the little knowledge I have about the Priceline Express.

A hotel that I am considering, listed today is here:

< link removed >

On the main page, it's listed as a 42% savings or more.  I'm hoping that I might get a little help identifying which hotel it might be?

Thank you ahead of time for any and all replies.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please don't link to search results pages as the link will break after 30 minutes (for HOTWIRE) or once the offer is no longer available (either sold, pulled, or check-in date is in the past) so future readers of the thread then have no idea what hotel it was that was asked about or identified.:wink:

I assume this is the property you were looking at at the description (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3* Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria for $105
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i'm not certain, but if this is what you're seeing best guess for this offer would be the Huttons Hotel (i'm hesitant as this hotel's user review rating does not meet the 7+ or better shown by the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, but we've been seen a bit of this inconsistency lately)

Keep in mind (if you're not aware) that star ratings in Europe are a bit more generous than their US counterparts, so if they are used to 3* hotels in the US you may want to consider something more in the 3.5*/4* area... or at least something that shows very high user review ratings.

What is it exactly that your brother and SIL are looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is their maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the response,

I didn't realize the links expire so I'll remember that for future use!

They do know that they won't be staying in the same type of accommodations that they would in Canada (star ratings)

They need something clean, that has a fridge and is close to public transport.  She has some mobility issues, not severe but walking 20 minutes from the bus or tube at the end of the day may be too much for her.  Ideally in an area that has restaurants, pubs, shopping near by.  Although they are only there for 3 days, Sept 19-22, 2017.  The biggest issue is that they are both internet and technology challenged so I need to provide for them transportation information once I find their accommodation.  Their budget is $119 US including all taxes a night. Not too sure how to figure out for taxes.   That is an absolute max for them.  I've had to talk them into upping their original budget considerably.

18 minutes ago, Sportyster said:

that has a fridge

This may be a difficult requirement at a 3* hotel in London.

18 minutes ago, Sportyster said:

Their budget is $119 US including all taxes a night. Not too sure how to figure out for taxes.

Well if you click the $105/nite property above (now $102/nite) you'll see that comes to about $373 all-in when using the board's exclusive discount link in my signature or at the top of the page.  If their budget is $357 all-in then you know you need to bring the room rate down by about another $15 over the 3 nites... or the room rate down $5/nite making their budget about $100/nite.

Using the price sliders (top right corner above the search results) at BiddingHelper.com can make it easy to filter out all hotels that are above your budget, making it easier to see what your options are (although i'd still suggest keeping the max. price of the slider about $10-$20 more than your budget just so you don't miss out on some incredible deal that may only be $10 more than your budget and would be worth the stretch)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us update on your/their progress and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]