Priceline Hotel: Boston Hotel Advice

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

Planning to just spend a couple quick days in Boston at the end of August.  Probably going to Fenway for a ball game and do the Freedom Trail.

I'll be driving so I'll need to park my car, probably just staying one night on a weekend.

I don't know Boston at all, so I have no idea what areas are nice/safe and which are not.  Not too worried about price.  If I could be in a nice area within 10 miles or so of Fenway, that would be OK.  I'd probably be willing to pony up and stay right downtown as well.

Any/all advice would be appreciated.

Do you have specific dates in mind?

If budget is not an issue then what type of star rating is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what other aspects will be taken into consideration in choosing a hotel?

11 hours ago, PDB_905 said:

I'd probably be willing to pony up and stay right downtown as well.

Why would you not stay downtown?

11 hours ago, PDB_905 said:

If I could be in a nice area within 10 miles or so of Fenway

My suggestion would be to stay downtown as it will be convenient to explore the city as well as to take the train to Fenway.  Boston is one of the cities where once downtown you tend to just leave it until you leave, taking subway, train, and mass transit wherever you need to go.  If you were to drive to Fenway you will encounter traffic coming and going, not to mention the added expense of parking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know more information about your stay and what it is that you're looking for and we will try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.  I guess the only reason for not staying downtown would be expense.  But I did sort of say price was not really an issue, didn't I?  Might have overstated the case a little.  But I also hate to pay like $40 a night to park my car, just on principle.

No worries.  I've done a little more research, I'll make some bids for downtown zones and I'm pretty good at finding the best overnight self parking options.  I'm sure I will just leave my car parked and use the bikeshare option to get around.

I'll report back if I get a winning Priceline bid.

Thanks!

If you have a confirmed date in mind let us know when you're traveling, which zone(s) are acceptable, your maximum bid price, and the star rating you would like to try for... we can suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]