Priceline Hotel: 3* Saddle Brook - Teaneck (Edgewater) Courtyard Edgewater NYC Area

mad_max
By mad_max,
in

Hi All, I just signed up and this is my first post. Need help identifying Hotwire 3.5-star Hotel in Newark Intl Airport EWR area. $ 79.00/ night for 07/28-07/31.

4/5 guest rating.

Pet friendly 

Near beach 

Indoor pool(s)

Airport shuttle

Smoke-free rooms 

Fitness center, Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) 

Business center

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

22 minutes ago, mad_max said:

I've used this forum many times as a guest, but just signed up and this is my first post.

We're glad to hear that the information on the board has been helpful to you in the past, but it's disappointing that this is your first post.  Please begin to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you.

Also, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Lastly, do you have a reason that you need to be in this area for this trip OR are you looking for a less expensive alternative to staying in Manhattan (and plan on commuting into the city from here each day)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking in this area for a number of reasons. I'm driving up in my own car and prefer a hotel with free parking. Having lived in Jersey City a few years ago I'm familiar with the area. And like you mentioned it's a less expensive alternative to staying in Manhattan.

Here is the amenities list from the Hotwire Easy View tab, which seems to be identical to the list I posted above.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Near beach, Indoor pool(s), Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

17 minutes ago, mad_max said:

I'm familiar with the area

Then you know that most of the area is not conducive to commuting to NYC... you will either spend a lot of time (to travel inexpensively) or a lot of money (to travel more quickly)

For the HOTWIRE offer above:

3.5* Newark Intl Airport EWR for $79.00
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Indoor Pool
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

I would sooner look towards the Secaucus area where you can likely get free parking and it's a much easier commute into the city, although a very quick look at rates for your dates looks like you would need to bump up your budget a bit.

I will also add that although i understand you're looking to do this on a budget, there is an incredible deal for the W Hoboken for about $125/nite, but you will then also need to pay for parking in the area which will increase your costs, but that would be an excellent deal from a value perspective.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the HOTWIRE offer above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I realized that free parking is not included in this deal, and like you said the commute would be too much.

I do however already have a regular reservation at the Hilton Hasbrouck Height/ Meadowlands that will be my backup option if I don't find any thing cheaper.  I had wanted to book the deal for what I think is the Courtyard Marriott in Edgewater, but the offer is no longer there since last week. My bids for similar price didn't get accepted by PRICELINE either.

2 minutes ago, mad_max said:

a regular reservation at the Hilton Hasbrouck Height/ Meadowlands that will be my backup option

This really isn't near the Meadowlands and although i don't know the bus schedule from here, not what i would necessarily consider to be an easy commute to the city either.

If this your back-up reservation and rates have not changed, or if you would like other ideas for a back-up hotel, try searching our sister site RefundableRates.com where you can compare hotels that have liberal cancellation fees and the interface makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from your ideal location OR to go up/down in star rating.  What is the rate at the Hilton that you're trying to beat?

Glad we could turn you on to another booking tool.

Another feature of it (as you begin to play around with it you'll see some of the power of it) is that you can use the price slider on top of the hotel results... move the right marker to the left to filter the results to only show properties below a certain budget.  You can also filter to remove some star rated property (ie- like 1* or 2* if those are of no interest) and zoom in/out on the map to see what is located in the general vicinity near bus stops and/or train stations.:smile:

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or how we can be of further help.

I'm glad to report the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal I was previously looking just became available again. Went ahead and booked it. Priceline Express deal for 3 Star Hotel in Edgewater NYC Area for $95/night is, as I guessed the Marriott Courtyard Edgewater. Also saved 5% using Betterbidding coupon. Please add this to wins list, or please guide me on how to. Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this property re-appeared for you just in time and that you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List (in the future please include in your post the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the hotel and showed prior to your purchase)

I'll add that not sure if it's your thing or not, but about 2 miles up the road is a very good All You Can Eat sushi restaurant:

Arigato

1034 River Rd
Edgewater, NJ 07020

==> $25 all you can eat and everything is made to order.  Plenty of specialty rolls to choose from in addition to the 'standard' rolls, as well as some appetizers and a few items from the kitchen (only 'deal' is that you have to eat what you order or risk being charged for excessive waste)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]