Name Your Own Price is not available for the itinerary you requested. The best available rates are shown below.

NC_traveller
By NC_traveller,
in

Guys,

I was trying to book a rental car on PRICELINE with Name your own price.

Jul. 30, 2017 - 8:30 PM to Aug. 01, 2017 - 8:30 PM

I get this message:

Name Your Own Price is not available for the itinerary you requested. The best available rates are shown below.

Why is this? What can I do? Don't see any Express Deals either. HOTWIRE rates are not too great either.

Is this a one-way rental?

What is the pick-up and drop-off location(s)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have seen that message before but only for one-way rentals where bidding was not offered for the pick-up/drop-off locations (bidding for one-way rentals is only available for a few select city pairs).

I see the same message you do when searching for Las Vegas... my guess is that:

1) PRICELINE has some issue with Las Vegas rentals (either regulatory, technical communication between systems/interface, etc) that is currently preventing NYOP in Las Vegas, or

2) if you scroll thru the 'retail' listings you will see some PRICELINE EXPRESS deals on car rentals mixed in, PRICELINE may be doing some testing to see results if they try to migrate likely bidding purchases into Express Deal purchases

HOTWIRE does still offer 'Hot Rates' in this area and i would compare those to the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and regular retail rates (you can use the CARS radio button of our BiddingHelper.com to compare all 3 with one search)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide for this rental or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that about a month and a half ago I started using Priceline NYOP to get a rental car in Vegas for 8/26-8/29, and it was working at the time, but I considered the rates too high at that point($131). Then about 3 weeks ago I started getting the same message as you. this continued on until last week when I tried doing NYOP for every week thru January, I still got the same message. I then contacted Priceline corporate and they towed the company line there and wouldn't answer my question as to why NYOP was not available in Vegas for the next 6 months, they just said that its the rental car companies that make vehicles available and unavailable. They attempted to calm me by giving me a 10% discount code on a PRICELINE EXPRESS rental. I don't understand why these rates are so ridiculous, fees add on approximately 60-80% of the total cost of the rental, so currently my 10% coupon is only good for an $8.40 discount bringing the total down to $133.XX. this is an exorbitant amount considering that I rented a car in Vegas through carrentals.com for $66.07 in 2015 for the same exact dates..

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, das_ubersoldat said:

I currently have the same problem for rentals from EWR September 26th to October 12th.

I have no problem submitting a bit for a car rental using EWR as pick-up and drop-off for these dates thru the CARS radio button of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 5 months later...

I know that PRICELINE (at least temporarily) turned off rental car bidding in Las Vegas and it looks like they are doing the same trial at LAX (or some technical glitch, but my guess is that they are expanding this 'test' to other areas.

Is HOTWIRE pricing attractive for these dates?

If PRICELINE bidding is not available for this itinerary then you'll either need to book thru conventional booking channels or decide that the HOTWIRE prices are enough of a deal to go thru them (or hope that PRICELINE turns bidding for this car rental itinerary back on at some point in the next 3-4 weeks).

I would also check Priceline Car Rental Retail Rates (easiest way may be thru a CARS search at our BiddingHelper.com tool so you can compare to HOTWIRE and Expedia rates) as the 'story' when they turned off car rental bidding in LAS was that their retail pricing had gotten better in that area.

4 hours ago, thereuare said:

... this link should go directly to the CAR rental search.

4 hours ago, thereuare said:

easiest way may be thru a CARS search at our BiddingHelper.com tool so you can compare to HOTWIRE and Expedia rates

... or use the CARS radio button of the BiddingHelper.com which will make it easier to compare to other sources (since it checks the 2 other sources in the same search)

Good luck and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

It appears that PRICELINE is continuing (at least for the time being, hopefully just temporary) to limit the number of locations where they are allowing car rental bidding... i would continue to check HOTWIRE.  While the savings may similar to PRICELINE or potentially a little more... they should hopefully still be cheaper than regular rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]