Hotwire Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa

hungrypiglet604
By hungrypiglet604,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel (otherwise nobody would book via regular hotel rates and simply bid on the hotel they wanted at a rate lower than the current price).  The idea behind the 'opaque' providers (PRICELINE / HOTWIRE) is that you can often get a deeply discounted rate in exchange for being flexible on the hotel that you will stay at. 

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) in the zones that you bid.  With PRICELINE EXPRESS (and HOTWIRE) a specific hotel (but not the name) will be shown to you along with the price and a few other details about the property (amenities, reviews, etc).  You can often use this information to take a guess as to what it is that you may receive, or sometimes know that it's not a hotel that you are hoping to avoid (ie- if the hotel you want to avoid does not have a Pool, you can 'safely' purchase any PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer that does show a Pool amenity)

So with the above noted i'm seeing the following on PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* The Heart of Waikiki Beach for $162
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort.  While perhaps not your first choice of hotel in the area, with the Sheraton Waikiki selling for $343/nite for your dates, would this property be acceptable in exchange for $175+ per nite savings?

Some other options i believe i'm seeing thru HOTWIRE:

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa for $135/nite

Hilton Waikiki Beach for $156/nite

.... or this one:

4* HOTWIRE Waikiki Beach for $250.00
Free Internet
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
==> which i believe to be the Sheraton Waikiki

So is the HOTWIRE offer at $250/nite worth it to you for what is likely the Sheraton that you're looking for OR is one of the lower priced options more appealing?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes (if you take one of the offers linked or described above) or let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you see the Sheraton on HOTWIRE as a 'regular' rate where the name of the hotel is shown prior to your purchase... or you see a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone for $205/nite?  If the latter, does it have the same exact amenity set as what i have listed in my previous post above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, i missed that you changed the hotel from Sheraton --> Marriott.

The HOTWIRE offer i believe to be the Marriott is now priced at $157/nite:

4* Waikiki Beach for $157.00 (NOTE: don't confuse with the offer priced at $156/nite... make sure you match all the amenities with what is shown in the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool after clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button)
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa 

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Nobody can say if the price will go down or continue to move even higher... it all depends upon supply vs demand (current occupancy level for the hotel, new reservations, cancellations, etc)

• 5 months later...

The HOTWIRE offer i believe to be the Marriott is now priced at $157/nite:

4* Waikiki Beach for $157.00 (NOTE: don't confuse with the offer priced at $156/nite... make sure you match all the amenities with what is shown in the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool after clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button)
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this one would be the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]