Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

hilltopfamily
By hilltopfamily,
in

4-Star Express Deal Hotel, Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park Area.   July 8 - 11, 2017    $126 per night.   Business center, fitness, non-smoking, free internet. 

Research here leads me to think it's the Hyatt Regency, on Wacker?   If so, I'm debating between getting that or staying with the reservation I already have with Best Western River North Hotel.  We will have a vehicle with us that we'll have to find parking for, which is what led me initially to the BW River North, since it appears their parking is $35 a day.

We're not terribly high-end people, but would certainly enjoy a lovely experience.  Is one better suited to the El or other public transport?  (so we can just park and leave our vehicle for the days we're there) Also, the 4-Star Express deal would be a savings of $75 over the BW River North.   Thanks for thoughts/advice! 

Regardless of where you stay i wouldn't focus on the price of parking as you can almost always find parking less expensive than the hotel (especially when visiting a city where you are going to park your car once and leave it for the duration of your stay... you can drop your bags off at the hotel, have one person check-in, while the other goes to a location with cheaper parking and then make their way back to the hotel; same process but in reverse upon check-out (one person stays checks out stays with the bags while the other retrieves the car))

Confirm your dates on the landing pages of any links provided below:

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $127
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Hyatt Regency

The Hyatt would definitely be a better location than the Best Western.... the Hyatt will basically put you in the heart of of it all.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt is in a terrific location right by the Michigan Ave bridge. At that point, walk North to Michigan Ave shopping and South to Millennium Park. You can also park in the Millennium Park lots nearby. While no guarantees, you can also try asking for a room with a river view (worst they can say is no.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you both for the info and input.    I used the link here and booked and It IS the Hyatt Regency Chicago.  Yay!  used your code and saved a few extra bucks, too!  thanks! I appreciate all the input on location, and now for parking: AaronJB mentions the Mellenium Park lots nearby?  would my best option be to use a parking app to find that location for multiple days?   doing that, I think pricing is better, but I won't have any in/out privileges, if I understand things correctly?   We will do as you suggested, thereuare, for dropping off, then the reverse when we leave for bags/checking into hotel. (thanks for describing that process to me!   BTW: It's been a few years since I've gotten to travel and use BetterBidding, Priceline, and Hotwire, but love you guys and really appreciate that after these years you all are still here when I need you!  Thank you! 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and not only saved some money vs. your back-up reservation, but also increased the star rating and location.

If you park separate from the hotel you won't have any in/out privileges, but unless you have plans to travel outside of the city, i don't foresee you needing your car until it's time for departure (and even if you did have in/out privileges, it's often better to just take a taxi or uber for a short ride since once you get to your destination within the city you'll then also have parking issues to deal with as well).  Use whatever means/methods you have at your disposable to find the best deal you can on parking that is relatively nearby (weigh the time it takes to get back to the hotel vs. the savings by staying further and further out)

Thank you for using the PRICELINE EXPRESS links on the board for your purchase and for sharing your win.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Personally, my view is that if you are staying downtown, then you definitely do not need to be driving around the city. There is plenty of public transit and Chicago is really an incredibly walkable city, especially on a nice day. If you were to drive around the city and park, you would then be paying expensive parking all along the way, as well. Tons of options nearby to eat, including Wildberry (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g35805-d2407503-Reviews-Wildberry_Pancakes_and_Cafe-Chicago_Illinois.html) for breakfast, which is only a few minutes walk away.

Please let me know if you have any city questions at all.

Enjoy your stay.

continued excellent advice from you both!  thanks!  Great points about parking, even if we had in/out privileges.....it would still be horrific and stress that we'd rather avoid for a few days! Our car will enjoy sitting for a few days and we'll enjoy not being bothered with it.  I just looked at Wildberry---looks wonderful!  Thank you for the recommendation and we will definitely heed your advice and try it out!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]