Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Riverwalk - North Loop) Hyatt Regency Chicago

kelleek
By kelleek,
in

3* 

$141/night

95% recommended 

Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms

4*

$186/night

90% recommended 

Boutique hotel! Business center! Fitness center, Internet access! Pet friendly! Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, smoke-free rooms, spa services

4* had been $142 a few days ago, so I'm hoping it goes back down. We are looking for something near a pink line stop 

2 hours ago, kelleek said:

so I'm hoping it goes back down

Are you willing to pay the currently asked $186/nite at this point in time?

Are you willing to pay $141/nite for a 3* property or do you intend to wait and watch the 4* for a potential rate drop first?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What I would recommend is this 4.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS option (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.) There are a couple of conventions during this period and while there is the possibility that prices can come down closer to the stay, they can also go higher - Chicago is usually fairly busy in the Fall.

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $172
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Guess for this would be the Hyatt Centric the Loop. If you need to be near the pink line, you're not that far a walk here from the Quincy station. You can also use the promotion in my signature, which brings the pre-tax per night avg down to about $163 and change.

Would this option be of any interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any hotel questions (and I'd also be happy to answer any Chicago city questions, as well.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

2 hours ago, thereuare said:

Are you willing to pay the currently asked $186/nite at this point in time?

Are you willing to pay $141/nite for a 3* property or do you intend to wait and watch the 4* for a potential rate drop first?

I think the answer would depend on the which property they may be. Location is a priority, but cost could make the difference. 

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE this morning for these dates:

3* Riverwalk - North Loop for $142.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/North Loop

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $164.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Hard Rock, which is actually just around the corner from the HGI above.

Would either of these possibilities be of interest? Thanks for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Ugh. Have to turn on replies for this. I completely forgot about it and now everything is different. 

Any thoughts on the 4* for $148 with 95% recommended? 

Free Internet, business center, fitness center, golf nearby, restaurants, self service laundry, smoke free rooms, accessible path of travel.   

Thank you! 

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you see: 4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $148.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  My guess would be the Hyatt on Wacker.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below):

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $144
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would also be the Hyatt.

Would this possibility be of interest?

I am still seeing the same amenities with the BiddingHelper.com. 

Mill. Park area is not of interest. We want something as close to pink line as possible. Hubs is wanting to do west loop to avoid having to make the loop around each time we go west. I'd rather stay in north loop.  

On another topic, do you know how accurate "Book now. The last person got the ......" tend to be? 

1 hour ago, kelleek said:

I am still seeing the same amenities with the BiddingHelper.com. 

If you're not seeing the same (longer) amenity set that we have listed, are you clicking the GREEN 'FULL AMENITIES click here' next to the listing?

1 hour ago, kelleek said:

how accurate "Book now. The last person got the ......"

The "Last person got ___" information is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone, it does not necessarily have any relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. (you can also use MAPSandHOTELS.com to see what hotels/prices are next to or easily walkable to any pink line stations)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! 

I was was able to use your HOTWIRE link for $10 off and received the 4* Hyatt Regency on Walker for $148/night. 

I would have preferred the Hard Rock, but the rate went up again. 

Ameneties are: 

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]