Priceline Hotel: 5* Central Park South, Priceline, July 2017

ellarina
By ellarina,
in

Has anyone booked this recently and received results they can share? Bid amount and hotel results?

Or did any other hotels populate upon your results?

Looking for 2 nights, July 21-23 2017 in NYC, Central Park South. Hoping to get a deal ~$200/night. Only must have amenities are non smoking, free wifi preferred, and nitpicky but I prefer a glass shower vs shower curtains.

Saw the possible hotels from the BB List are:

5*

The Pierre, a Taj Hotel (location is not ideal for my trip, did not get great reviews)

The Quin (preferred)

Viceroy (ok)

4.5*

JW Marriott Essex House (preferred)

Le Parker Meridien (not preferred, older/shower curtains)

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

You can see wins that have been reported to the board here:  Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins,as well as using the search in the upper corner. When bidding you have to be willing to accept any hotel  at the star rating picked (the hotel lists offer the hotels that have been reported to the board, new hotels and changes are reported often.)

On HOTWIRE, some of what I'm seeing in CPS under/near $200:

5* Central Park South for $180.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  A guess would be the Viceroy.

4.5* Central Park South for $180.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  A guess would be the Le Parker Meridien.

4.5* Central Park South for $191.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  Guess would be 6 Columbus.

A bit over:

5* Central Park South for $249.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  The Loews Regency has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess.

There are some moderately less expensive options in other parts of MIdtown - would CPS be the only zone of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you AaronJB! I appreciate your help and quick feedback!

I went through the wins now in 2017 and saw one for May (for the Viceroy, 228/nt). On the threads, most of the feedback was that it could also be the Loews. In the meantime, I just subscribed as well to see if I would get any alerts on my parameters. I will need to get a better understanding of how to use this site and optimize my bidding.

I wanted to know if anyone scored a deal within my parameters recently to see what hotels they have as there are some that I really do not want. I will be staying in another area for work prior to these two nights, so I wanted to stay somewhere closer to the park which is where all the of the places I have bookmarked are located. T

I dont know if prices typically drop as the date approaches, so I will keep looking in the next week as I am getting less than 1 month to my arrival date.

I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be...

Hotel inventory (and therefore what is won thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE) varies greatly from one day to the next, so i would not recommend using hotels that are won on dates that are different from your own to gain insight as to what it is that you may receive.  If you bid on PRICELINE you should be prepared to receive any hotel in the zone(s) that you bid at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.

If there are hotels that you are trying to target (or avoid) then PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE are better options as you can then have a guess as to what it is that you may be receiving prior to your purchase (or sometimes even guarantee that it's not a hotel you're trying to avoid... for example if the hotel you want to avoid does not have a pool you can 'safely' purchase any property that does not have a pool amenity listed and know that it won't be the one that you're trying to avoid)

I'm currently seeing what appears to be:

Le Parker Meridien New York for $180/nite

Viceroy for $186/nite (although this property does charge a resort fee)

The Moderne for $172/nite

If any of the properties above are of interest at these prices lLet us know which and we will advise accordingly.  Otherwise, let us know once you're ready to move forward and commit to a hotel for this trip and we will have a look at trying to help you find something that meets your criteria.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]