Priceline Hotel: 3* Oahu Island (Honolulu) (Waikiki Beach Marina - Ala Moana) The Equus, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

lynn24
By lynn24,
in

As requested, here is the separate thread for the second leg of the trip!  I'm looking for help booking hotels for a trip to Hawaii that is taking place August 8 - August 18, 2017.

Tentatively thinking of breaking the trip up as follows:

Maui for Aug 8 - Aug 13.

Oahu/Honolulu for Aug 13 - Aug 18.

This thread is for the Oahu/Honolulu portion of the trip.

The changeover date is currently flexible... I have it split down the middle (5 days and 5 days), but I'm not sure if between the two more days should be spent at one or the other?

As a first-timer in Oahu, I imagine there will be enough to do within Honolulu for 5-days that I should just book all my accomodations there?  Also, currently looking at Priceline Bidding for a 4*, but is 3* or 3.5* considerably better value/affordable?  I know it's not entirely low season (knowing Christmas is high-high season), but prices do seem a little steeper than I was hoping for.

Seeing PRICELINE EXPRESS deals for 4* for $250USD-$400USD!  Would there be a possibility of getting a 4* for $150USD???  If I go with 3* instead... would I be able to get it down to $120USD and still get a decent hotel (not condo) since I'm seeing $130USD+?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, lynn24 said:

I imagine there will be enough to do within Honolulu for 5-days that I should just book all my accomodations there?

Not sure your plans while in the area, but you probably would want to book one hotel for the duration of your trip in the Waikiki area, and then take day trips for any excursions you want to see around the island (North Shore would be a day trip that can take the entire day, while also stopping at the Dole pineapple factory if that is if interest to you... Lanikai Beach is not too far away from Waikiki and a beautiful beach if that is of any interest)

This leg of your trip will likely be a bit more affordable vs. Maui, so if really trying to stay within budget, you may want to consider 6 nites here just to remove one of the more expensive nites in Maui (but also keep in mind you're probably spending a lot just to get to Hawaii... so don't cut short your Maui trip by one nite just to save $40 if you think there is more for you to see/do on that island vs. Oahu)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (regarding the dates and doing a 4nite/6nite split instead of 5nites/5nites) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Decided to book a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal while the current coupon was still valid.  I decided to split my 5 nights in Honolulu, Oahu between 2 hotels, the first a bit cheaper than the second (I'll report on the second one in a separate post).  I got The Equus, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member in Waikiki Beach - Ala Moana for the first 3 nights.  Got it for $123CAD/night on PRICELINE EXPRESS while it was advertised as $156CAD/night when browsing all hotel listings.

Amenities:

Free Internet
Non Smoking
Swimming Pool

Good: 7+ 90 verified guest reviews

P.S.  I used the Better Bidding 5% off coupon and clicked through the board PRICELINE EXPRESS links! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome for this leg of your trip and that this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE link on the board and for sharing your win, helping us confirm this amenity set for this hotel in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]