AZ Phoenix Courtyard North Scottsdale

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

We just returned from 4 nights at this "Courtyard". We paid $50.00 per night on Priceline so I really have no complaints. However I would have been pretty upset had we paid the rate quoted on their website for this time - $239.00 per night.

It is the standard "courtyard" layout, of course, but generally needs some sprucing up. Our room, which overlooked the parking lot,(Free Parking) seemed too small for the king size bed, large desk and hide a bed & the drawer space might have been adequate except 3 drawers were jammed with extra bed linens.. The bathroom was large but very plain and the caulking around the bath tub needed to be re done .

After the first night, we realised that the toilet was continually running and the shower continually dripping. We reported this and when we returned after a day of sightseeing, there was a very nice message left for us asking if all was now in order. Unfortunately it was not as it didn't seem that anything had actually been done to fix the problems! We didn't worry about it that night, but mentioned it to a very friendly and helpful desk clerk the next morning. "Debbie" immediately offered to change our room. We accepted the offer and were given the same type of room but overlooking the courtyard. She said this was a "bit of an upgrade". In fact, it was in better shape and much brighter because of the location.

We had breakfast the first morning we were there. I had the "Continental" for about $7.00 and my Spouse took the full buffet for a couple of dollars more. My breakfast was fine but the full breakfast was not very good with almost burnt bacon and potatoes too cold and hard to eat. In all fairness, this was about 9.30am and breakfast was over at 10am. In any case we didn't eat there again!

The courtyard area with pool and hot tub was exremely pleasant and we enjoyed an hour or so there after a day of sightseeing.

The gym facilities also looked OK but we didn't use them. There was free wireless access in the rooms and couple of computers in the lounge area with free internet access for guests.

The location is quite far North on Scottsdale Rd but we didn't mind it too much. There were quite a few restaurants that were close by and some shopping also. It really depends on what you are planning on doing as to whether you would like the location or not.

All in all, not a bad stay, but I'm not sure that I'd bid 2.5 stars again in this area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]