Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Upper West Side) The Empire Hotel

Parners
By Parners,
in

Hi all,

Looking to find a 4* hotel (Priceline or hotwire) for 3 nights 10/29-11/01.

Hotel must be 4*+ and I'm hoping for something in the region of $130 dollars ideally, but up to $155 ish before tax (assuming no resort fees, which I like to avoid on principal anyway).

Priceline keeps very annoyingly offering me the Empire for $140 and then the minute I click in changing it to $215.

Areas I'd like would be (I know they aren't the exact priceline name, but close to what they call them):

Upper West Side

Union Square

Meaptpacking/West Village

Soho/Tribeca

Also willing to accept for the lower end of the price:

Downtown/Wall Street

Upper East Side

Brooklyn- greenpoint/williamsburg

Have just had a quick bid between $120-135 in the top 4 areas (with rebid zones), but no luck, which is what I expected.

I'm in no rush to get this sorted as I have a cancellable room at the Brooklyn for $130 that I'm happy to stick with unless I can find something I like better.

For those of you who are regulars, might trends suggest if I wait and bid maybe in September/October i'll be able to snag a good last minute rate?

I do, of course, always use the click through BB links to both sites.

Thanks for any help/advice etc in advance :D

Historically this is high season and an expensive time of year, and i'm not really quite sure why, but typically Halloween is an extra pricey period within high season.

I assume below is what you believe to be The Empire hotel and i am able to click this and the price remains at $139/nite (although i couldn't proceed any further without paying for the room)... confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link:

4* Upper West Side for $139
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Are you able to successful book this one using the link above?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

Thanks for your reply!

I managed to book through your link for $139 (and then used the 5% off code BBJUN17 on top of that). For some reason, when I used chrome or ie on the PC it reverted to GBP and told me the deal wasn't available anymore....so I used a different browser and had no problem with booking it through your PRICELINE link above.

The hotel was the empire as expected.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get the PRICELINE link to work and take advantage of the extra 5% discount offered thru our link.

If you want to try to fix your issue above i would log into PRICELINE using your chrome browser, then change the currency to USD, and then do a few searches, ensuring that the currency remains at USD, and hopefully that will resolve any issues you have going forward.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]