Priceline Hotel: 3* Fargo (West Fargo) Wingate by Wyndham Fargo

mksmlayman
By mksmlayman,
in

I was bidding on a 3* in the West Fargo and Moorhead zones of Fargo.  I had bids rejected at $50, $51, $57, $58, and finally got this hotel at $60 bidding on the West Fargo zone only.  I also saw a 3* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $63.00.  The total with taxes/fees for two rooms was $141.92.  The cheapest rate I saw on their website was $77.35 before tax.  I couldn't find the rate with tax--the website was very confusing, I was glad I didn't have to make the reservation that way.  

One thing concerns me--on the confirmation from PRICELINE it says 'room sleeps up to two adults' and 'hotel may charge extra for additional guests'.  I don't ever remember seeing that on a Priceline reservation before, and I've never been charged extra for kids before.  Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks to all who keep this site going.  I used the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Congrats on your success.

Really nice win for this well-reviewed Wingate property! Glad you are satisfied with the result and are looking forward to your stay. PRICELINE bids are for double occupancy and that wording has always appears on the confirmation page (at least for the last 5+ years). You may have no problem in an area such as this, but there is a risk - especially in some cities (NYC, especially) where you may be charged more, especially if two beds usually a paid upgrade.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Yeah, I went back and check my other confirmation emails and saw that they all said the same thing.  I'm not sure why it seemed out of place-- I know that it's Priceline's policy, but I didn't remember seeing it before.  Probably because this is the time when I do plan to put 4 people in the room!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]