Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Bellevue) Seattle Marriott Bellevue

Heide Szeto
By Heide Szeto,
in

Hello! I wanted to get some advice on bidding for Bellevue Washington.  I initially wanted to stay in Seattle, Washington but the rates are way too high and it looks like for a decent hotel your bid has to be around $200.  I'm trying to only spend no more than $150 after taxes/parking at most.  I noticed that Bellevue is only a 20 minute drive from Seattle and MUCH cheaper.  I've used the links on this website to do some research.  I would like to try for 4 stars in the Bellevue area for June 17 (one night only).  If worst comes to worst, my backup plan would be the Sheraton Bellevue hotel which is a 3.5 star and it's currently $124 with taxes which includes parking.  But I would like to try for the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, Westin Bellevue, or Seattle Marriott Bellevue.  

I believe there are 12 rebid zones at 4 stars.  What do you suggest I start my bids at?  

Thank you!

Please list all zones, by PRICELINE name, that are acceptable (even if you believe they are out of your price range)

What is your maximum bid price (not including fees, taxes, parking, etc)?  When comparing Bellevue vs. Seattle remember that you will also (likely) need to pay for parking if you're driving your car into the city.

Let us know the information above and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The acceptable zones I am willing to stay in are Bellevue, Downtown Pike Place, and Downtown shopping district.

My maximum bid would be more no than $100.  That is because I am considering fees, taxes, and parking (assuming I do not get the Hyatt Regency since that hotel offers free parking on the weekend).  

From the research it looks like these are the rates for June 17th-June18th.

Hyatt Regency $165

Westin Bellevue $175

Seattle Marriott $189

And as stated if all else fails then there is the Sheraton that's 3.5 stars for $124.

Thank you!

When bidding 4* in the Seattle area you have TWELVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would try bidding as follows:

Select 4* Bellevue, Pike Place, Shopping
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

If the above is rejected, i would also highlight this offer which may work for your needs give your comment above regarding the Hyatt (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4* Bellevue for $121 $115 after using the promotion in my signature
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this offer would be the Hyatt Regency Bellevue.  I also referenced the cost of driving/parking in the city, but from the Hyatt you could walk (about 10 minutes) to the Bellevue Transit Center and take the bus into Seattle should this work for your needs and would save you the parking expense (and the liberty to have a few drinks if you'd like and not have to worry about driving back at nite)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just won the Seattle Marriott Bellevue ironically since it was the most expensive of the night, originally at least.  I got it for $83, $102 after taxes.  Was hoping for the Hyatt....probably should have tried the Express Deal huh? But nonetheless this is a good win too :) It's still cheaper than the $150 I was expecting to spend after taxes and parking (it'll be $137 with parking).

2 hours ago, Heide Szeto said:

Could this happen to be the Hyatt Regency?

Probably not since it's not the same amenity set as the property we referenced above that we guessed to be the Hyatt... always use the links provided since they go directly to the property we researched (just confirm your dates on the landing page to make sure that we entered them correctly when replicating your search parameters)

While you ultimately didn't get the hotel you were hoping for, glad to see you're pleased with the price and can make it work for your needs this trip, and thank you for sharing the win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]