Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Empire State Building Area) Iberostar 70 Park Avenue Hotel

krzysz
By krzysz,
in

Please help me identify this hotel, 4-star Boutique Hotel in Rockefeller Center area, rates vary between usd 101-112, the lower rate is available especially on weekends in July/August. At first I thought this could be W hotel, but the number of reviews doesn't match, and also W doesn't list "Children's activities" among its amenities.

The list of amenities is quite detailed: 

Boutique hotel, Business center Children's activities Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Spa services

323 total reviews on Hotwire (80% recommended)

Tripadvisor ranking: 3.5 out of 5 (2001+ reviews)

Thank you!

For this property:

4* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center for $112.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this does match previous reports for the W New York so that would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Room type: 1 Double - Non-Smoking - Standard - City View (there are some other room types: 1 queen, 1 king deluxe, which are more expensive). I switched the currency and paid EUR 111.

Hotel Amenities:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

I used the exclusive 5% BB discount to lower this rate.

Initially I wanted to NYOP for this hotel, but Priceline added a hefty resort fee to my bidding amount, so I gave up.

I was also hesitating about the following property for the same dates:

$118 4-Star Express Deal Hotel  

Brooklyn Downtown Area 

Hotel Amenities:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Judging by the rating and the number of reviews, I am pretty sure it is the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, which looks like an excellent hotel, but the Iberostar is in a considerably better location for my purposes.

I tried bidding a few times for this hotel, with $108 as the highest amount, but all my bids were rejected. Then I thought it's not worth bidding and taking the risk given the availability of the 5% BB discount. In the end I found the offer for the Iberostar and concluded it was a more favorable option. 

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]