Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Downtown - Wall Street) Club Quarters Wall Street

iwanttotravel92
By iwanttotravel92,
in

Hi Im looking fot a hotel in manhattan (timesquare-teather district, downtown-financial districut, rockefellerarea, hells kitchen) in midtown. it is my first time and we intend to visit all tourstic places so I would like to be good located.

Im looking for a 3.5* or 4* or above hotel and I'm looking for a hotel for abou 140 dlls per night with a total of 700 dlls for the 4 nights with taxes and fees. 

My dates are from aug 8 2017 - aug 12 2017

Im only looking for a clean, well located and confortable hotel (speacially a clean bathroom) what would you recomend me to bid

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Note you mention the 'downtown-financial' as an acceptable zone but then state that you want to stay in midtown, which the DT-Financial District zone is not considered to be part of midtown.  Also, be aware that the midtown west-hells kitchen zone goes pretty far west (all the way to the river) which would not be the most convenient (or prettiest) of areas.

Here is what i'm seeing that is within your budget with my thoughts, guesses, comments for each (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $116
Pets Allowed
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> likely the Nh Jolly Hotel Madison Towers, which is well located, although not the best of hotels, but i listed it in case budget is a primary concern, as it is a good price for this location (and the promotion in my signature will take an additional 5% off)

4* Empire State Building Area for $153
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Iberostar 70 Park Avenue Hotel which gets good reviews and is just a couple of blocks from Grand Central... just a touch over your $700 all-in budget when used wit the promotion in my signature)

From HOTWIRE:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $132.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side which is not the most central of locations, but this is a newer hotel that has been getting good reviews, and easy access to the M train which can get you midtown easily enough

Do any of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take one of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if we're seeing the same HOTWIRE property or not, as the one i'm currently seeing is 85% recommended and has the following amenities (use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool and then click the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to the listing to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set):

4* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $133.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> if this is what you're seeing best guess for this offer would be the The Premier New York Times Square 

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page on the link provided below):

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $136
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Premier New York Times Square would be our best guess for this one as well

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi im ready to make my reservation for Aug 8-12 in New York. This trip is for my mother and I because we are going for turistic reasons, I would prefer to stay near midtown because I have read that is the most convinient location if your travel is only for touristic reasons, my budget is $700 dlls at all so thats why im a little flexible with my location as long as it easy to us to move through the tipical locations to go during the day (times square, rockefeller center, empire states, statue of liberty, financial district, etc.). Im not looking for a very fancy hotel as long it is conformtable and clean it is our main concern.

What can you recomend me to bidd on as I dont know what zones are the best for us and i dont know if to use (PRICELINE name your own price, PRICELINE EXPRESS deals or HOTWIRE).

Also is it better to do the reservation now or wait until the date is getting closer.

thank you.

8 hours ago, iwanttotravel92 said:

i dont know if to use (PRICELINE name your own price, PRICELINE EXPRESS deals or HOTWIRE).

What is most important to you... the absolute lowest price OR having a guess as to the hotel you may likely receive before purchasing?

As with most things in life there is a trade-off...

PRICELINE Name Your Own Price - usually the least expensive but you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.  There is no ability to guess the hotel you may receive, know the specific amenities that the hotel has, get a sense of review ratings, etc.

PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE - usually a little more than PRICELINE bidding but you get to know more about the specific hotel that is being offered (reviews, amenities, etc) and can often use this information to take a guess as to what it is that you may be about to receive (thereby also having as guess as to the location within the zone, etc)

Think of it this way: the PRICELINE bidding option has less information known so the price is a little cheaper...the PRICELINE EXPRESS / hotwire route has more known so it costs a little more (but still less than 'regular' retail rates)

So it comes down to what is more important to you... the lowest price OR paying a little more and being able to know about (and guess) the hotel that you may receive?

I guess I prefer hotwire or priceline express, so can you help me find an hotel for a budget of 700-750 taxes included for those dates (Auh 8-12) in a good area it doesnt have to be midtown it can also be downtown financial districut as long as we can easily go into the subway or also is well located as we are going to be on touristics places.

Some thoughts (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown for $157 (less 5% using the promo link in my signature)
Business Center
Free Internet
==> best guess would be the NobleDEN Hotel which is a fairly new hotel that has been getting great reviews.  It's not in the heart of the city, but you're about a 5-6 block walk to 3 different subway stations (two of which will get you just about anywhere in Manhattan without a transfer of trains).  Also, although i feel good about this guess, we can't see the hotel name either, so should we be wrong in this guess you're still almost guaranteed a great stay given the 9+ user review rating from previous PRICELINE guests.

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $168
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> a bit more centrally located than the one above, still good reviews (but not stellar like the one above)... bet guess would be the Club Quarters Midtown

4* Empire State Building Area for $172
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> believe this to be the Arlo Nomad which is centrally located and 2 blocks from the Empire State... but starts to exceed your all-in budget by about $20/nite

From HOTWIRE:

4.5* SoHo - Tribeca for $143.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> likely the NoMo Soho (slight chance the Sixty Soho)... but when factor in the resort fee i think the 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS guessed to be the NobleDEN is a better value

Personally i would go for the 4* Lower East Side property as i think it's the best value, it's convenient without being in the heart of the congested part of the city, the reviews are great, and it's a newer property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Here you go (as always confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $146
Pets Allowed
Business Center
==> Doubletree By Hilton New York Times Square West

3.5* Downtown - Wall Street for $148
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown

What is it that you are looking for in either of the above that you don't get from the guessed PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above believed to be the NobleDEN Hotel? (i did see all of these hotels earlier and listed what i believed to be the best options above)  The NobleDEN is one of the top 25 hotels in NYC according to user reviews, do you think you're going to do better than that with a 3.5* hotel Downtown and save $10/nite?  What i don't want to see happen is that you continue to look at one more, then one more, then one more, and finally decide upon the PRICELINE EXPRESS i suggested above only to see it is no longer available or has gone up in price to put it beyond your budget... you wouldn't be the first person it happened to, and you won't be the last, but you could be the next.:wink:

Let us know what you decide.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you found something that you're happy with, but i will comment that our recommendation was not that you stay in Chinatown, as the NobleDEN is not located in Chinatown... it is located in Little Italy (if the area surrounding the hotel was dirty or in a bad location it would not be reviewed to be in the top 5% of all hotels in NYC?)

I'm sure the Club Quarters will work out fine for your needs, and i'm glad you're pleased with the outcome, but i just think you could have done much better for just a few more dollars a nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]