Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help

Neelee
By Neelee,
in

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been here so I'm a little rusty.  I'm trying to stay below $100 for the night since I'm arriving late and leaving early, so just there to sleep. But I need to be at SeaTac

Sea-Tac is 4 stars. If I'm doing this correctly, I have "bunches" of rebids in the 12 other zones that are 3.5 or lower.  On the Zone Map #2 (Pike Place area) and #4 (DT area) are the only 5 stars. #6(Bellevue) & #15 (Kirkland) are the other 4 stars.

I've scoured a several pages of the WA Forum, but didn't really see any recent strategies for SeaTac.

Does any one have any strategy suggestions they would like to share?

Thank you!

When bidding 4* in Seattle you have TWELVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Seattle Airport SEA
Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello Thereuare!  Thank you so much for confirming my options. I ran through it all today and all bids rejected based on the above strategy. I know summer is a busy month and it's all a long shot. I'll give it a whirl again tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'll look for a backup plan.

Thanks again!

You an try using our sister site RefundableRates.com for a back-up plan... interface there makes it easy to see your options in the area and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Struck out again this time going with 3.5 star which gave me 7 rebid zones.  Started at $50 and incremented $5 from there.  P/L says average is $290.  

Thanks for the RefundableRates link. 

My back up is booked at $143 total (including tax) and I'll get my airlines miles. That's still less than the 3 to 3.5 star Express Deals and RefundableRates

I'll try bidding tomorrow. Maybe start at $60 which will still keep me under $100.

Thank you for the assist.

Not sure of your needs for this stay, but the Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport is only 2 star rated by PRICELINE, for the exact same all-in price you could  upgrade to this 3 star from PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3* SeaTac Airport (SEA) for $116
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South which gets pretty good reviews (8+ by previous PRICELINE guests)

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, Thereuare!

Forgot to mention, with taxes, my backup plan (Clarion Hotel) is actually $169. But I can cancel before 7/26. 

Failed in my bids again (using previous strategy; last weekend) as well as trying for just 3* in SeaTac area (with 2 free rebids zones 14 & 17)

Tried the link you provided for the 3* @ $117 but was greeted with "Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below"

I'll give it one more shot tomorrow before going to the Express Deals.  

Here is an active link to the current 3* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (as always, confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3* SeaTac Airport (SEA) for $118
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> guess for this one remains the Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South, and although $1-$2 more than the previous offer above, with this property selling for nerly $250/nite for your nite above, i wouldn't worry too much about a buck or two.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]