Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Times Square - Theatre District) The Premier Hotel Times Square

Helen from CA
By Helen from CA,
in

I;'m looking to book 5 rooms.  Preference is for Central Park South or Times Square - Theater District but would also consider Rockefeller Center area.

In Priceline Express from Bidding Helper I see 4.5* Central Park South for $207 and Times Square for $225.  My guess would be Le Parker Meridien for Central Park South - would you agree?  My only concern is that some of the reviews for that hotel have it going downhill.  Any ideas what the Times Square Express deal might be?

If I were to try to  bid before going with the Priceline Express deals, what would you suggest?

Thanks!  Helen

How many people are going to be in each room? Please confirm the amenities showing with each PRICELINE EXPRESS listing and we would be very happy to take a look and try to ID. Additionally, if you let us know more about what you are looking for we can research and offer other suggestions.

Bidding is going to be slightly cheaper than PRICELINE EXPRESS, but you can wind up with any hotel at the star rating chosen within the zone. With the 5% coupon currently available for PRICELINE EXPRESS, it may be worth considering that given the ability to have a greater idea of what is showing vs bidding for a bit less.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There will be 2 people in each of rooms.

4.5* Central Park South

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Mandatory fee of USD 32.66 per room per stay is collected at the hotel.

4.5* Times Square - Theater District

Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Business Center

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Mandatory fee of USD 21.78 per room per stay is collected at the hotel

Question on bidding vs. Priceline Express - I thought that with either you could wind up with any hotel in the * rating.  Is it your experience that Priceline Express uses a subset that is easier to identify?

We'll  have three generations in our group and wanted a more central location that allowed to walking nearby as well  as taking subway as needed.  Had considered downtown but recall that there isn't as much to see on the weekend.

With PRICELINE EXPRESS you are given a little bit of information about the specific property being offered so you can use this to research and take a guess as to what it is that you may likely be receiving.  With PRICELINE bidding there is no specific information shown about the hotel you will receive (in fact, PRICELINE does not even look at inventory for your dates until you click the BUY MY HOTEL ROOM NOW button) so with bidding it is a bit more unknown, where as with PRICELINE EXPRESS we can help and take an educated guess.

Best guess/comments for each of the offers above (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4.5* Central Park South for $207
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Le Parker Meridien New York

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $225
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> The Premier New York Times Square would be my best guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes, or how you'd like to proceed, and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume both of the zone above are acceptable? (did you also want to include Rock Center or leave that out)

Let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]