Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Center City East - Convention Center) Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hi! I need your help, you've always steered me in the right direction and I always click your links.

Hubby and I coming to Philly on July 329 for 2 nights for a concert at the Wells Fargo Center. We have never been to Philadelphia before and don't know how the city is to navigate, etc. We are taking Amtrak in to the 30th St. station and have booked the Holiday Inn on Packer Ave. thinking we could walk to the concert. Cost is $554.38 (total with taxes) and that's YIKES for 2 nights.

We are not adverse with subway systems, so it may be more feasible to stay away and take the subway in for the concert. Driving (ie. taking Uber) probably isn't the best idea as concert traffic tends to be awful, so walking distance from the WF Center or taking a subway in is what we'd like.

We don't know the city, have no idea where to stay. Any advice on a cheaper price that would be accessible to the WF Center on the night of the concert?

Much Thanks!!!

8 hours ago, tignor said:

July 329 for 2 nights

Please clarify your dates as your topic title indicates July 30-31 but that's not really consistent with what you indicated above (even thinking of typos it doesn't look close to 30 or 31).

So to confirm, is your check-in date July 30 and your check-out date Aug 1?

Let us know and we'll then begin to have a look.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're only going to Wells Fargo Center one nite i wouldn't stay there, as it's really on the outskirts of the city and not near any of the 'action' or historic sites... the 'heart' of the city is Rittenhouse Square, City Center East, and City Center West; and then a second choice (to the previous 3) would be Old City-Penns Landing which is a bit quiet for my tastes but you can walk to a more lively area in less than 10 minutes.

With the above noted there are plenty of options that beat your current back-up plans at the Holiday Inn, so what is your ideal budget (per nite before taxes/fees) and what type of experience is it that you're looking for?

For example you could do something like (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4* Center City East - Convention Center for $148
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Le Meridien Philadelphia

or

3.5* Center City East - Convention Center for $73
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i'm guessing the Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia Downtown with a lesser chance of the Doubletree as a possibility as well

or thru HOTWIRE:

4.5* Rittenhouse Square for $139.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> i'm guessing the Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

or

4.5* HOTWIRE Rittenhouse Square for $143.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> likely the Sofitel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, you may laugh at me, but we want to get cheesesteaks (1 from Pat's, 1 from Genos...and split them to compare) but honestly, thats all we've talked about.

Think wecould get a nice place for 135 or less/night before taxes/fees? Quite frankly, that possible Marriott or Doubletree world be more than fine, (possible cookies!).

is the WF Center easily accessible by subway? 

I will clickie on links for ya as a thanks!

OK, I've done some subway research and think that we can definitely stay in City Center and I decided to jump on your suggestion of the Priceline Express $73 deal.

Courtyard by Marriott as thought!

You guys just saved me freaking $375.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I owe you margaritas. I love you. Thank you!!!

Glad to hear you received a great deal and are looking forward to your trip.

Some Philly comments:

To get to Gino's and Pat's you will need to take a taxi (and read some recent reviews as many comment that they are past their prime)... if you don't want to take a car out that way i'd suggest Jim's on South Street.

You will also want to likely checkout the Reading Terminal Market where one popular stand is Tommy DiNic's that serves a famous pulled pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]