Priceline Hotel: Best time to book a hotel in Chicago?

teambaby
By teambaby,
in

June until about November tends to be on the high side up there with all the festivals, ball games and activities during that time. For an August weekend I don't think it will be going down very much and rates will be very high. Even the really crappy hotels are high for those dates. Looks like you would be getting the Sofitel for that one you mentioned, a very nice hotel. If you have flexibility, I noticed the Hyatt Regency is going for $95 a night (PE) on the weekend of July 7 and perhaps some other dates. If you are locked in, I'd grab that deal I suppose.

August is generally not quite as bad as Summer goes, but the issue with these dates in particular is Lollapalooza in Grant Park, which leads to higher rates every year for this first weekend in August. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately, everything at the 4*+ level is generally in that $175+ range. The 4.5* properties South of the river nearer the festival are already showing higher rates (which is common for this period, as people want to be closer to the festival in Grant Park.)

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchases and searches.  Please confirm once you have completed your purchase that you received the Sofitel or let us know if we can be of further assistance.. Additionally, happy to answer any Chicago city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]