Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Brooklyn Downtown) Dazzler Brooklyn

RandyCb
By RandyCb,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 2.5 star hotel in this zone for $81/nite when searching for your dates:

2.5* HOTWIRE Staten Island for $81.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> if this is what you're seeing, best guess for this offer would be the Holiday Inn Express Staten Island West

I'm somewhat familiar with this area (but even more so Manhattan / NJ-metro)... do you have reason to be directly in Staten Island for these dates, as it's typically not the most convenient if you're looking for a less expensive option vs. staying directly in Manhattan... and with current work taking place on the Bayonne Bridge it may not be a great option for a pre-cruise stay either.  If you don't necessarily need to stay in Staten Island let us know more about your plans/needs for this trip and we will advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I am driving and don't mind the commute hours, and that is the reason why look at either Staten Island or queens. My plan is to drive and park on the stations of Staten Island express railway for free then take the ferry to NYC. I am fine to spend around $150 for a hotel in Manhattan but I have never been to NYC and I have no clue how to deal with the parking. Do you suggest New Jersey instead? I am considering that options too, but don't want the location be too far from PATH, I am going with a family of four, two kids are teenagers 10 and 13, that is why I have troubles with price line, their policies saying all offer is limited to two people.

thank you very much

I would highly recommend re-thinking your idea to stay in Staten Island, it may look do-able on paper but in reality it's just not that convenient (not to mention it has the potential to be hot and humid in August).

From what direction is it that you're coming from? (i'm trying to think of options in regards to your vehicle as well as convenience if staying outside of the city)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am driving from Corning, NY. looks like two other bridges I can use in August if Bayonne bridge is under the construction. Is that doable to live the car on the street for a few days(city limits no more than 7 days) in Staten Island and live in NYC ? Or there's somewhere in Jersey for parking? Much appreciated Theruare

I don't know the street parking rules throughout Staten Island, but i would be very surprised if you would be able to leave your car for a week... typically there is street cleaning 1-2 days a week on each side, so you get what is called "alternate side of the street parking" which means that you need to move your car each time the street cleaning will be on the side of the street that you have parked on.  It may be less frequent in the residential areas, but this is not going to be near the Ferry (so you would therefore need to also factor into your budget getting from your car to the ferry terminal), and the city is not 'stupid' (although dealing with this at times you can easily think otherwise) and they don't want their streets used for longterm (or even daily) parking while people commute to/from work.  There is a new garage near the ferry terminal that looks like it is only $8/day, but it's unattended meter facility (you pay at a pay station and then display a paper on your dashboard indicating how long you have paid for) so i don't know if you can pay for 3-4 days at a time.  Either way i think you're causing yourself and family more trouble than it's worth.

You could park in Harrison NJ (or Newark NJ) and leave your car there for the duration of your stay for maybe $15/day, but you're then also adding the expense of RT PATH fare which will substantially reduce your savings on a short trip like this.

Staying in NJ is an option but the best and most convenient choices would be Hoboken and some parts of Jersey City, but you'll pay $25-$35/day to park here... less convenient but do-able is to commute by bus and stay in some parts of the Secaucus / North Bergen area, where parking is typically free, but it's a 15-25 commute (by bus) into Manhattan.

Staying (or even parking) in Long Island City isn't a viable option as you would then need to cross thru (or go around) Manhattan and you don't want to do this once (let alone twice considering you have to do it o your way home as well).

If you were traveling for a longer period (for example 7 days) there are other options where you could park at a train station in NJ and take the train the rest of the way into Manhattan... parking is often still paid but much less than NYC, and you save on gas, but the roundtrip train tickets will negate much of the savings on a short 3 nite trip

One final option is to drive yourself to Binghamton (i don't know parking options there) and take MegaBus directly to the city.  Their schedule and pricing is not yet available for August, but looking into the end of June you could travel for about $7-$15 per person each way (they price by demand so the early you can book your tickets typically the cheaper it is)... this saves you on gas, tolls, wear and tear on your vehicle, and parking costs.

Otherwise, as long as you don't need to be directly near your hotel, parking in Manhattan can likely be had for about $25-$30/day.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it worked out well and you can now leave the driving to somebody else... much more relaxing, imo.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.  Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

One suggestion not too far of a walk from your hotel:

Juliana's

19 Old Fulton St

==> one of the top pizza places in all of NYC, imo.  Both this place and Grimaldi's (which is right next door) will have a long line at almost all hours of the day, so my suggestion is to get there early for lunch, about 15 minutes before they open, as better to only have to wait 15 minutes than more than an hour if you arrive much later.

Further down the road you can have dessert at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.

... then walk it off by walking the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan while taking in the skyline along the way (and make sure to stay to the left side of the path as to not get yelled at by any bike riders!)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]