Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection

beeb08
By beeb08,
in

I will be in Chicago 6/8-6/12, traveling by myself, to visit some sights and eat my way through all the awesome restaurants. I would like to stay in the River North, Mag Mile, Gold Coast area. Preferably the hotel rooms cost me lass then $2256 per night (before taxes). Amenities are not important to me - I just need a comfortable room in a safe area to retreat to at the end of the day. 

My search turned up a few, that I would like help in identifying:

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area

$177 per night

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities 

4-star Hotel in Loop - Millennium Park area

$200 per night

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services 

3-star Hotel in River North area

$188 per night

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry 

4-star Hotel in River North area

$226 per night

Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access 

Thanks so much for your help!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Los Angeles Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listings.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated as it helps others researching and keeps the board organized. With Chicago, if you are looking for restaurants and nightlife nearby, I'd really suggest the River North area (and the area along the river would also be fine.) River North also allows easy access to the Red Line (or short cab ride.) Unfortunately, the 3.5*'s for these dates are similarly expensive to the 4*'s or else I'd suggest those, as there are some very nice 3.5*'s North of the river if you are not concerned with amenities and looking more for a nice place to sleep at the end of the day. I'm also very familiar with Chicago - please let me know if you have any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I repeated my search using your tips above, and have shortlisted the following hotels:

4* Loop - Millenium Park

$217 per night

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

4* River North

$215 per night

Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3.5* Loop - Millenium Park

$192 per night

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible parking

4* Loop - Millenium Park

$192 per night

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* Magnificent Mile - Water Tower

$174 per night

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Given what you are looking for - 

4* River North for $169.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely the Felix. Woudn't recommend.

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $174.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Whitehall would be my guess. Again, not something I'd really recommend.

4* River North for $215.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely Hotel Chicago.

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $237.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess possibly the Knickerbocker.

4* Riverwalk - North Loop for $237.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  I'll guess possibly the Club Quarters at Wacker/Michigan.

4.5* Riverwalk - North Loop for $245.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Spa
==>  Guess would be the Londonhouse or Virgin.

4.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $246.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Golf
Childrens Activities
==>  Sofitel would be a maybe here, but that's just a guess.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $249
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Sofitel would be my guess.

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $265
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be Kimpton Monaco

Please let us know if you have any questions before booking and thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Based on your earlier recommendation of the River North area, it looks like 4* River North at $215 would be the one for me to book. As I will be traveling alone, safety is my top concern. So preferably the place would be one that is safe enough for me to get to and from my dinners. 

Congrats on your success! 

Definitely a very good choice! This used to be the House of Blues Hotel (the HOB is still next door) and it's an easy walk from here to lots of restaurants in River North. Let me know if you have any city questions and I'd be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]