Priceline Hotel: Priceline question

Louise Nielson
By Louise Nielson,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, I'm seeing (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

2* Disneyland for $55
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>The Super 8 Anaheim Disneyland Drive, Alamo Inn and Suites - Convention Center and Americas Best Value Astoria Inn & Suites would be possibilities.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? Let us know more about what you are looking for (acceptable zones, budget, star rating) and we would be happy to research and offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you AaronJB,

Yes. I am seeing those dates- those are the correct ones.  Do you really think it could be Alamo given that the Express Deal has a 7+rating and Alamo only gets around a 5 on the Priceline website?   If there was a chance it was Alamo, I wouldn't do it.   I would really like the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive as I like the location (near Mickey and Friends).  

I am not very picky though - mostly just something clean with a decent staff and that is a quick trip to Disneyland.  55 a night is a great price and about all I am willing to spend without knowing what the hotel is.  I really like staying at a hotel near one of the Disney Parking lots so we don't have to wait for the ART bus.  If cheap enough, I would be willing to pay for uber to and from the parks.  If the hotel was across the street, as in a 5 minute walk, I would go up to 75 a night.   I would say that price, location and cleanliness are the most important. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Louise Nielson said:

Alamo only gets around a 5 on the Priceline website?

Are you looking at the right hotel as the Alamo Inn and Suites - Convention Center currently has a 7.3 user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, Louise Nielson said:

I would really like the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive

You could book the Super 8 for $75/nite which according to above is within your budget.

You can also search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com as the interface there makes it easy to see hotels near a specific location (you can search just 'Disneyland' or the address of one of the parking lots you like to stay near) and easily see how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from your ideal location OR to go up/down in star rating.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

What did you decide to do for this trip... booked a regular rate hotel (which one and for how much?), cancel the trip, etc?

When closing this threads it more helpful to other users if you indicate what you did do for the stay... and not just what you didn't do.:wink:

I booked at the Clarion which is across the Toy Story parking lot in Anaheim.   Besides being close to a free bus that takes one to Disneyland, it is cheap.  I also find it quiet, clean and safe enough.  They also have small fridges which is very important to me.   It was around 60 or 65 a night without tax.  I didn't have a car so I'm not sure if they charge for parking.  It isn't my favorite hotel/motel in Anaheim but it does the job.  I think I booked through hotels.com.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:59 PM, thereuare said:

As per above it would be appreciated if you booked thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com as it helps keep this board a free resource for everyone and helps us continue to provide assistance with your future travel plans.

It was likely the same price and also would have the added benefit of giving you a good overview of your options directly on the map (with both star ratings and prices) to see any alternative offers in the same immediate area.

Thanks for the recap of the Clarion and glad to hear it met your needs for this trip.

MAPSandHOTELS only search hotwire and priceline right?  I promise, I looked at both of those a lot when I booked for my prior trip.  I see for an upcoming trip through MAPSandHOTELS, that Travelodge on Harbor is listed for 71 but on hotels.com it is 65 a night - just an example.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I spend hours trying to find the best value and that includes other sites too.  So can I only book through your sites to get help on future blind hotels?

We have access to a multiple of booking sources and with pricing parity for regular rate purchases a similar deal can usually be had thru a source that will support the board.

I don't know what dates you're referencing but looking at the Travelodge for your 8/13-8/18 dates of this thread i see:

Hotwire: $71/nite

Priceline: $71/nite

Hotels.com: $71/nite

... the all-in price between all of the above differs by 75cents over the course of 5 nites (with the PRICELINE rate being the least in this example)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]