Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Whitehall Hotel

dawnmgreen
By dawnmgreen,
in

These are amenities listed:   Sorry this is my first time here.  please let me know if im missing anything. thanks!

Amenities   85% recommended

Boutique hotel Business centerFitness centerGolf nearbyInternet accessRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impairedAccessible for hearing impaired

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Additionally, please provide the dates of travel and we would be happy to research and try to ID.

I'm also familiar with Chicago and would be happy to answer any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

OK ....Dates are 6/17-6/20   Price is $171   Magnificent Mile Water Tower Area

Amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Searching for 2adults/2children, I'm seeing:

3.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $136.00
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  A guess would be the Doubletree Mag Mile, which is a very nice 3.5* property in a good location. If the D'tree, solid, less expensive option and free D'tree cookies are always a plus.

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $172.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  This would be the Whitehall. While a good location, it is an older independent property. I'd rather suggest the potential Doubletree above.

4.5* River North for $188.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  This would be a possible match for the James, which would be a nicer option for a bit more.

Would any of these options be of interest? 

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm excited and grateful for this site and your help!  This will be my first time using Hotwire and I appreciate your help.  Question though I am seeing a hotel that I am considering on Hotwire and I also see it on the hotwire tab through this site but I do not see it on the Hotwire Easy View tab.  Any idea why or what I need to do?  Thanks!

Post the full details of the offer that you can see (star rating, zone, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, rooms/adults/children and amenities that you do see) and we will have a look.

Is this in regards to your Chicaho hotel trip?

If so, you can reply here but note that we will merge this thread with your previous thread for the same dates/trip.

If not, please post a follow-up as to what you decided or your current thoughts for that trip.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry...found this now.  Having a little trouble following this site...but I'll catch on lol.  I have been planning the Chicago trip for several weeks now however, i had to wait until my income taxes come in to book..so i've just been "feeling" around, trying to learn so far.  Originally our dates were 6/17 for 4 nights but we are changing now to 6/23 4 nights.  My tax money will be deposited tomorrow so I'm ready to go lol!!  Thank you    

Are there more than 2 adults in the party? Let us know if you are looking for something more specific in terms of area, style, etc. Also, please let us know if you have any Chicago city questions.

In the future please wait until you're ready to book before asking for help as researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and the hotel offers/prices can change quickly.  Having your plans firm and being ready to book ensures the greatest chance to take advantage of any deal that you see as well as helps us reply to everyone in a timely manner (so that they too can get help and take advantage of any offers they see for their own trips)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok i can only find this in the hotwire tab and not the easy view

Check in 6/23, check out 6/27  4 nights

4 Star - Mag. Mile - Water tower area

$210/night

1 room, 2 adults, 2 children (13,16)

Amenities:

90% recommended

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Boutique hotelBusiness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Smoke-free roomsTennis nearby

With the limited amenity set i don't have much insight into this one... the Cambria Hotel and Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile or the Hyatt Centric would be among my guesses, but with only partial information i can't say with any degree of certainty.

However, why this property as i'm seeing others that look just as appealing for less, such as:

4* HOTWIRE Loop - Millennium Park for $193.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this property would be the Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown which gets great reviews

or this HOTWIRE offer:

4* River North for $200.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Kinzie Hotel would be my best guess for this one

Do either of these work for your needs this trip?

thank you!  Is it unusual that its not showing in easy view (thus i cant see many of the amenities)?  Im not sure about staying in the other areas. My aunt who is almost 70 has difficulty walking too much so I want to stay somewhere that will be easier for her.

The Kinzie is a great location in terms of having a very wide variety of restaurants in River North right nearby - everything from Portillo's to high-end fare, as well as not too far from Michigan Ave (so even if you went with a cab ride, it would be quite brief.)   Also, not far from the Red Line subway stop @ Grand.

I really wanted 4 star but since yesterday even, prices have gone up...so im kinda waiting it out to see if they drop.  In the meantime, a 3.5 star popped up that has 95% recommended that may be worthwhile.  Its important for me to stay in the MM area as my older aunt has difficulty walking and we want to be right in the middle of things right out our door.  Here are the specifics, if anyone can help 

Dates are 6/23-6/27

3.5 Star, 95% Recommended

Mag. Mile - water tower area

2 adults, 2 kids - 1 room

Rate $177/night

Amenities:

pet friendly, indoor pool, smoke-free, fitness center, pools, restaurants, business center, internet access, golf nearby

Thank you!

Also, one of the reasons I am leary of the 3.5 star is I really don't want Hotel Indigo..as it seems by map to be a little too far from Michigan Ave.  Is that correct?  I would rather have the MM area stray closer to River North than Gold Coast.  Of course, not having been here, I could be totally wrong.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

5 hours ago, dawnmgreen said:

Dates are 6/23-6/27

3.5 Star, 95% Recommended

Mag. Mile - water tower area

2 adults, 2 kids - 1 room

Rate $177/night

Amenities:

pet friendly, indoor pool, smoke-free, fitness center, pools, restaurants, business center, internet access, golf nearby

This amenity set is from the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab and clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button??

The Hotel Indigo Chicago is at the top of the zone... about a 20-25 minute walk to the top of river, to put things in perspective (not sure if your plans take you before or after the river)

No, now that you mention it, those are not all the amenities in the green tab, as I'm sure you are aware lol.  Sorry, I WILL get the hang of this eventually.  And I did write down your instructions for posting my win....thank you.

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Above are the FULL amenities list.....however, in putting in for vacation time at work today, I am not able to get off the exact days I was planning on so I will now be going a day earlier.  checking in thursday 6/22 and checking out monday 6/26.  I'll post once I have 1 that I would like to bid on again...somewhere in the next few days, depending on how the prices go.  Thank you for your patience with me.  and Go Blue! :)

Very sorry....they were firm...until my boss said no lol.  I will be very mindful of your time.  My dates are 100% now so I'm just waiting to see whats available in the next few days. So far I'm not seeing anything great.  i missed a few good ones already :(

Rates are highly dependent on season, events and other factors. There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay, but this is definitely not slow season. Additionally, as demand has continued to ramp up in recent years, there's been more in the way of rates going up as dates get closer.

But in terms of recent wins, June is definitely going to be more expensive than April/early May.

Also, unfortunately, you're also facing this during the period:

American Library Association 2017 Annual Conference

McCormick Place West

06/22/2017 - 06/27/2017    25000 attendees

and this..

2017 NHL Draft

United Center

06/23/2017 - 06/24/2017 20000 attendees

Yikes!  no wonder.  I'm going to just watch from now til monday or tuesday.  I'll inquire about any potentials if and when they pop up.  Thank you sooo much.  Hopefully, I'll be out of your hair soon on this one :biggrin:   But....I plan on booking something for Nashville later in the summer

My specifics:

6/22 - 6/26 4 nights    2 adults, 2 children

When I looked on the regular Hotwire site, I found one that is 4 Star and 80% recommended for $179/nite   but when i look at the hotwire easy view here, I see one $179/nite but 75% recommended....is this the same one?  80% was going to be my lowest acceptable.  Anyway, maybe if you can guess which it is I will like it...

So right now my choices are:

4 Star Mag Mile

Rate $179/nite

80% recommended (75% on easy view?)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

OR 3.5 star Mag Mile same dates 6/22-6/26   2 adults, 2 kids

90% recommended

$196/night

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

I see this one in the EasyView and at 80% recommended:

4* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $179.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> The Whitehall Hotel is my guess here

3.5* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $196.00
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess would be the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Magnificent Mile

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]