Hotwire for car rental -Help?

jargey3000
By jargey3000,
in

Just looking for some info here. I need to book a car at TPA in May. Hotwire's rate on the car i want is $128 vs $248 thru Costco Travel.

It shows that it's an "in-terminal" location, which is what I want. It doesn't say whether rate include additional driver at N/C or not.

Never used Hotwire for car rental before. Are there additional charges I should know about? or other "catches" I should know about?

looking for help here from those who might know. Will provide any info. requested. thanks all.

OK...sniffing around a bit it seems like YES,the HW quote IS the final price at check-out. No surprises? Correct.?

I guess what I'd like to know is who does HW default to at TPA?

AND How can I find out in advance if an additional driver is included at no addotional charge  in the HW quote?

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Toronto hotel thread with whtaever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK. Done. just followed up on my previous hotel thread. sorry. (did not book a hotel, BTW)

I guess I'd like to also add:  having never used either HW or PL  for car rental - which is more popular?

This is what I'm getting from HW for an Economy car, May 5-12/17:

"About your car rental

Fri, May 5 at 1:30 PM to Fri, May 12 at 8:00 AM

Your Economy rental

Unlimited miles

In Terminal

Kia Rio or similar**

Save $22.70 a day when you book now!

$30.98

$

8 28 per day

$128.71 total

x4  x1  x1

More car features "

Can anyone tell me which rental co. this is? 

And, if additional driver (spouse) is included at no charge?

Will i be hit with any more charges at check-out?

THANKS.

The total that HOTWIRE shows is the total that you would pay (excluding any 'extras' you elect that are not mandatory)

The extra drive fee would be determined by which rental company was awarded for your purchase and their policies... if they include an additional driver at no additional charge for all other customers then there would be none for you; if they do charge an additional fee for an additional driver then that would equally apply to you as well.

There is no way to determine which rental company it is that will result from an 'opaque' purchase.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From above:

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

There is no way to determine which rental company it is that will result from an 'opaque' purchase.

You may wan to inquire as to what HOTWIRE's car rental partners charge for an additional driver (or if it's capped at a certain amount/number of days) as the $120 savings thru HOTWIRE would give you about a $15/day cushion for any additional driver fees.... you could even almost book a 2nd car w/ HOTWIRE for the same price as $248 rental.:wink:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]