Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (LAX - Los Angeles Airport) Custom Hotel

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

I'm going to be traveling in and out of the country, and staying in LA for a couple of nights (May 15 and May 24). I'm going to have a car both times so, though I would prefer something close to the airport, it doesn't have to be right by it. I did some brief looking at what people have got for the Airport Westin, which looks like it may be possible to get for the upper $70 range. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations/suggestions for where to stay, or where to avoid? So, in summary:

• looking for 4 star hotel
  • LAX (area 9), LAX east (area 10) and Culver City (area 3)
  • May 15 and May 24
  • looking to pay $70-$90/night

As rates are date specific, please use separate threads for each leg of your trip, as this also enables us to use the topic title of each thread to reflect what was purchased for that date and have a link to each appear in the calendarofwin and our Priceline Maps.  We will use this thread for your 5/15 date... please start a NEW TOPIC for your 5/24 stay.

Note that currently the highest rated hotel available in the Culver City zone is 3 stars, and the highest star rating in the LAX East zone is 2.5*, so if you're looking for a minimum 4* rated hotel neither of these zones would meet your criteria.

At current rates for 5/15 i think you're move likely looking at $100-$125 to be successful for a 4* property in the LAX Airport zone.  Current rates at The Westin for your nite starts at $189/nite, so to be successful at $70-$90 you would be looking at less than half of prevailing rates.  We can suggest a strategy for you to try but as per above i think it will take $100+ based upon current rates.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (and if bidding please confirm your maximum bid price) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I can't believe it's really been 2+ weeks since I originally posted this. Anyway, I will create a separate thread for my 5/24 stay. Regarding my original post for 5/15, i'm willing to widen my range and include a 3.5 star hotel. i also want to include area 5 (el segundo) in my zones. I want my max bid, not including fees, to be $100.

I don't know Los Angeles well enough to know what other areas I could target that would be an easier trip to and from the airport. i have experienced LA traffic so, I'm leery of having to travel far from LAX. i'll see if i can identify any other area(s) that would may make sense to include in my bid areas.

Currently the highest star rating available in both Culver City and El Segundo is 3 stars, and the highest star rating in the LAX East zone is 2.5 stars, so if you're looking for a 3.5* or better hotel, these zones don't come into play for you (except as re-bid zones).

So to bid on a 3.5* or higher property in the LAX Airport zone i would try as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in the Los Angeles area you have SIX re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Airport LAX
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject or unsure)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the update... hope your PRICELINE bid is accepted soon.

Good luck!

Glad to see you got this stay settled but sorry that you're underwhelmed with the deal.

Do note the IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs of our BiddingHelper.com which will show you regular rates for hotels of the same star rating in the immediate area of the zone... this can help you determine your maximum bid amount by 'knowing' regular rate prices of hotels in the area for your dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]