Priceline Hotel: Help to find hotel close to center.

Richs
By Richs,
in

Hi - I'm looking at PRICELINE for Chicago for 5 nights of Sept. 11 th. until Sept. 16 th. I see that the prices are very high for this period. 
What's going on there ?
We are interested close to the center for minimum a 3 star hotel. What is a realistic price for that period. 
Our budget is $ 110 per night incl. taxes. Do you have any idea what I could do ?

Thank you for your help !

Richs

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Miami Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above trip.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated as it helps others researching and keeps the board organized.

These dates are unfortunately expensive due to three conventions - a 25K, 10K and 12K. Are you driving in or flying in?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There are three conventions going on during this period - one with 25,000 people and the others with 10,000 and 12,000.  $110 per night including taxes in the downtown area is unfortunately not going to be realistic for these dates.

I'm seeing: 3* Magnificent Mile  - Water Tower for $139.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
==>  A guess is that this may be the Dewitt Hotel, which is actually an apartment building in an excellent location. The HOTWIRE % rating isn't good, although a 4/5 tripadvisor rating is showing on the detail page.

3* River North for $148.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  I'll guess a possibility is the Best Western River North, with the Hilton Garden In River North as a lesser possibility.

There's also:

3* Loop - Millennium Park for $108.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
==>  I'll guess the SP Suites in Millennium Park. This gets some very mixed reviews and is also an apartment building like the Dewitt. However, good location.

Would any of the above be of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for your help!

All three hotels have a great location but I see often bad reviews.

I'm a little afraid of these hotels.

Perhaps a two-star better than 3-star ?

I see 2-star hotel in the Loop - Millennium Park area. $ 123
80% recommended.

Complimentary,
Free Internet

Amenities,
Airport shuttle, Business center, restaurant (s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms.

Or I have to move to Wrigleyville, by subway 15 min a 20 min. Its not so bad

I see   2-star hotel in Wrigleyville - Lakeview area $ 114
85% recommended Great!

Complimentary,
Free Internet

Amenities,
Smoke-free rooms, Accessibility, Accessible path of travelin-room accessibility

Please could you identify these hotels ?

Thanks in advance !

Richs

2* Wrigleyville - Lake View for $114.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
==>  A guess would be Days Inn Lincoln Park. It's a bit of a ways to the Fullerton L station from there, but certainly nice area.

2* Loop - Millennium Park for $123.00
Free Internet
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  A guess would maybe be the Travelodge. In any case, a 2* with a 3/5 would not be an improvement is not an appealing option, especially if this is the Travelodge.

I would be very cautious with 2.5* or less in the city/nearby neighborhoods. You're really looking at more the $150 neighborhood for something nicer.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Lincoln Park for $149
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>Guess would be the Hotel Lincoln.

3* Lincoln Park for $150
Free Breakfast
>>>Guess would be the Willows.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

First I tried using your link to PRICELINE to bid on Hotel Lincoln Park.

I started at $ 100,110,120,130 but rejected each time.

Then I made the comparison of Days Inn 2 * Wrigleyville - Lakeview with Hotwire and Hotel.com and believe it or not Hotel.com was cheaper.

So I made the booking with the cheapest.

Thank you for your help !

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]