Hotwire Hotel: 4* AI Cancun Hotel Zone North Help ID?

byeloe
By byeloe,
in

Dates Mar 5/2018  to Mar 6/2018

4*  All Inc  Hotel Zone North  $212 per night   (65%)  recommended

Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Free water activities, Smoke-free rooms, Free entertainment 

Not sure about this one as it is "near beach"  I know Cancun pretty well and most properties in this area are beach front

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?  Below is the amenity set i'm seeing for this offer when using the method above:

4* HOTWIRE North Hotel Zone for $212.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Near Beach
Food and Beverages
ala Carte
Water Sports
Smoke Free
Evening Entertainment
Daily Activities
Childrens Activities
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> if this is what you're seeing, my guess for this one would be the Gran Caribe Resort and Spa All Inclusive

Is this an actual trip that you're taking for just one nite OR did you find the above thru a random search and were curious based upon the 'Near Beach' amenity?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I am seeing those same amenities.  I had thought that the full list came up when you clicked through to the purchase page.  That must have changed.  I am still confused on the near beach as Gran Caribe seems to be beachfront.

This will be for just one night.  We will be arriving Fri Mar 9th so I was doing some advance work as Mar 5th is the furthest day out.  We have a condo for mar 10 to mar 17.

Since we are arriving early on Fri we were hoping to get 2 days worth of the AI, before we move over to our condo Saturday evening

2 hours ago, byeloe said:

I am still confused on the near beach as Gran Caribe seems to be beachfront.

While i can't say for certain if it is the case here, we have seen situations in the past there a Beachfront hotel was listed as Near Beach (and also instances where both Beachfront and Near Beach were shown for the same listing).

Think of it as if Hi-Speed Internet is shown but when you get to the property it is offered for free, even though 'Free Internet' was not a listed amenity. 

It's certainly acceptable if a hotel understates the amenity... but not the other way around.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Trying to ID the following.  Found it using bidding helper but it doesn't seem to come up in EasyView

3.5-star Hotel in Hotel Zone - Convention Center area   $102

Fri, Mar 09 - Sat, Mar 10  1 Room,  2 Adults    

85% recommended Great! (5 reviews

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center

On 4/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, byeloe said:

We will be arriving Fri Mar 9th so I was doing some advance work as Mar 5th is the furthest day out.

Please don't have us to research hotels that are not for your actual dates and/or ready for purchase as it can be a time consuming process and the hotels that are available for March 5 may not necessarily be offered for the actual date of March 9 that you  need (or the price can be drastically different based upon a Monday nite vs. Friday nite stay)

For the 3.5* offer above my guess would be the Hotel Casa Maya as it has all of the amenities listed, but with so few (and common) amenities shown, there could easily be others that match the amenity set as well.

Would the potential 3.5* be of interest? If not, let us know more about what you are looking for specifically (zones, acceptable budget) and we would be happy to research and offer suggestions.

Aaron, thanks for the offer.  I do not want to waste your time as I can do the research myself.  The 3.5* (if it is Casa Maya) is probably not what we would take.  My preference is for an AI, for 1 night(and hopefully two days) before we check-in to our condo.  There had been a 3.5* AI(Occidental Tucancun, I think) for $147 for all of Feb.  Unfortunatley that sale is off in Mar and the price is up to $366.

Since there is lots of time until Mar 9th/2018, I will continue to look for an AI in the North, South or Convention zones for around $150, if I can't find one then I will look at some sub $90 non AI 

I will return to use the links to book and post in this thread 

thanks again thereuare as well

3-Star Express Deal Hotel (All Inclusive)  $196

Cancun Hotel Zone South Area 

All

Not a lot to go on here.  The only 3* AI  in the regular listings is Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa - All Inclusive

Is this the most likely property?   Just wondering if there are express deal properties that are not in the regular listings?

thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

The 'retail' side of PRICELINE, the Name Your Own Price side, and the PRICELINE EXPRESS side all use a different universe of hotels, so there could be hotels that participate with one side of the service but not the other and you shouldn't assume that the hotel currently offered on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service will necessarily appear when doing a regular 'retail' search.

With the above noted, unfortunately with only a solo All-Inclusive amenity showing, i don't have any insight for the property above.

Mar 9th  $200  Any Idea on this one? I think it could be Occidental Tucancun?

3.5*  Cancun Hotel Zone North

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Smoke-free rooms, Free entertainment, Free activities, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

I doubt this is the Occidental Tucancun... my initial guess would be the Golden Parnassus Resort and Spa, but let us know if you'd be interested in this property at this price at this time and i will investigate further for increased confidence.

The 3.5*  for Mar9  is now at $181  same amenities as above.  65% on only 5 reviews  but 4 circles on Tripadvisor 2000+ reviews

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free food and drinks, A la carte dining, Smoke-free rooms, Free entertainment, Free activities, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

Please list the full details of the current HOTWIRE offer... are the amenities still the same as what was previously posted above?

I did list the full details in the post above and I also noted earlier that the date was firm Mar9.  Regardless, I tried the same search adding 1 child and the listing didn't show up, so with that and the list of amenities I am now confident that it is the Golden Parnassus as you previously indicated as a possibility.

Thanks to you and AaronJB    for the assistance.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]