Priceline Hotel: Hotel help in NYC 4/14-4/16! Thank you!

allymbader
By allymbader,
in

Hi there!

I am looking to book a hotel in NYC next weekend 4/14-4/16. I am using the Better Bidding tool and would like to ideally find a 4.5 or 5 star property in Manhattan for under $500/total for both nights including all fees. I see some pretty good possibilities on both Priceline and Hotwire and would love some help identifying what hotels they might be :) I would love a guarantee of a king bed in the room if possible.

I will be in NY mostly to see theatre so ideal zones are probably Times Square, Central Park, Midtown, Theatre District, etc. I took screenshots of the results I saw, but can't seem to attach them to this message.

Thank you!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

What I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS: (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $184
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Likely OneUN, which is not very convenient at far E border of zone.

4.5* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen for $192
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
>>>Likely Kimpton ink48

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $202
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Likely Premier TS

Would any of these options be of interest? 

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I think of those 3 I would be most likely to choose Kimpton Ink48. I am also open to 4* properties as well if I can guarantee a king size bed which I know limits my options. I will be in town to see theatre mostly, so something centrally located is ideal!

I am looking to book a hotel in NYC next weekend 4/14-4/16. I am using the Better Bidding tool and would like to ideally find a 4* property or above in Manhattan for under $500/total for both nights including all fees. I see some pretty good possibilities on Hotwire and would love some help identifying what hotels they might be :) 

Here are the hotels I am seeing on HOTWIRE currently:

4* Rockefeller Center Area

$171/night

Amenities: Boutique hotel Business center Children's activities Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Spa services

4* Times Square North

$173/night

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms Bed Type (king, queen, or 2 doubles)

4* Empire State Building Area

$179/night

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

(it says the last person who booked this one got The St. Giles Tuscany)

4* Midtown East Area

$180/night

Amenities: Internet access Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

4.5* Theatre District - Midtown West

$198/night

Amenities: Boutique hotel Business center Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Smoke-free rooms Spa services

Thank you!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Do all of the HOTWIRE offers above give a Bed Choice option with one of the choices being a King Bed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since offers can come and go quickly, we try to answer all posts in a timely manner (which hopefully you think we're going a good job here), so it's not a good use of time to research hotels that are not realistic considerations for purchase.

4 minutes ago, allymbader said:

I keep going back and forth! 

First and foremost find a hotel that you like as you're not likely going to see a big difference on a 2 nite stay when using the BetterBidding promotions that are currently available thru each service.

I'm very familiar with the NYC area, if you let us know exactly what criteria is most important to you (guaranteeing a King bed, star rating, budget, location, etc) we can offer the best options that will most likely meet your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since offers can come and go quickly, we try to answer all posts in a timely manner (which hopefully you think we're going a good job here), so it's not a good use of time to research hotels that are not realistic considerations for purchase.

4 minutes ago, allymbader said:

I keep going back and forth! 

First and foremost find a hotel that you like as you're not likely going to see a big difference on a 2 nite stay when using the BetterBidding promotions that are currently available thru each service.

I'm very familiar with the NYC area, if you let us know exactly what criteria is most important to you (guaranteeing a King bed, star rating, budget, location, etc) we can offer the best options that will most likely meet your needs.

A King bed is important as I will be traveling alone but likely having a friend or two crash at the hotel with me while I am in NYC. Close to Times Square/Midtown/Broadway ideal as I am mainly coming to see a whole bunch of theatre in 3 days.

The Kimpton Ink48 looks pretty awesome and at a great price. Excellent Tripadvisor review as well. St Giles Tuscany also an appealing option. Those are the 2 that jumped out at me as good options for my budget.

Thank you for the quick replies, they are super helpful!

56 minutes ago, allymbader said:

The "Last person got __" information shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who bought a hotel of this star rating in the zone... not necessarily any relation to the underlying hotel currently being offered.

The Ink48 is a newer hotel that gets great reviews and is convenient to the Theater, but it's not that centrally located for the average visitor, as it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the subway... would this be acceptable?  If so, what/else more would you be looking for from a different property?

The walk to the subway is the only drawback to Ink48. Not that I mind the walk, but it might be something of an inconvenience. Do you know which hotels these Hotwire properties might be? The St. Giles Tuscany is somewhere I would love to end up with if I can figure out which listing it might be and under around $200 a night or so.

4* Rockefeller Center Area

$171/night

Amenities: Boutique hotel Business center Children's activities Fitness center Golf nearby Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Spa services

4* Times Square North

$173/night

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms Bed Type (king, queen, or 2 doubles)

4* Empire State Building Area

$179/night

Amenities: Business center Fitness center Internet access Pet friendly Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

4* Midtown East Area

$180/night

Amenities: Internet access Restaurant(s) Self-service laundry Smoke-free rooms

I will also add that room size is definitely a factor when choosing a hotel. Some of the NY hotels have teeny rooms under 200 square feet, and others much larger over 300. The larger would definitely be preferred! That's a big part of the appeal of the Tuscany - the rooms are HUGE.

Any idea what hotel this might be on Priceline Express Deals?

4.5* Central Park South

$205/night

The only amenities listed are Restaurant, No-Smoking

But then under bed choice, there are so many options:

King Bed - Premier Room$205/night

King Bed - Accessible Room$254/night

King Bed$254/night

2 Double Beds - Accessible Room$279/night

King Bed - Premier Suite$328/night

King Bed - Suite$369/night

Suite$410/night

King Bed - Accessible Suite$410/night

Room Assigned At Check-In - Sleeps Two Adults$615/night

There is also a $50 mandatory fee paid the hotel upon check-in separate from the Priceline price.

I looked at the Priceline hotel list but can't for the life of me see anything it might match! Could it be Le Parker Meridien?

For this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

4.5* Central Park South for $206
Restaurant
==> best guess would be The Warwick which is not much savings vs. a regular rate booking HERE

None of the 4* hotels in the ESB zone currently offered on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS are the St. Giles The Tuscany, but for this one:

4* HOTWIRE Empire State Building for $177.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess would be the Affinia Shelburne which i believe most rooms tend to be larger rooms than the typical NYC hotel room

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

What do you think these 2 might be? The first one shows up on regular Hotwire, and the 2nd shows up on Easy view but each is only listed on one tab or the other.

4.5* Midtown East Boutique Hotel

$207/night

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-Free Rooms

4 stars on TripAdvisor with over 2001 reviews  --  bed choice of either king or hotel's choice (those are the only 2 options)

90% recommended on Hotwire with 312 reviews

I was thinking this could be either the Intercontinental Barclay or Hotel 48Lex, but none of those match up to the listed number of TripAdvisor reviews.... 

4.5* Midtown East Hot Rate Boutique Hotel

$205/night

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-Free Rooms

4 stars on TripAdvisor with over 3077 reviews - no bed choice

90% recommend on HotWire with 323 reviews

Is this one the Westin?

Would love to try and identify one or both! Although all 3 of these seem like good hotels in convenient areas, especially the Westin being so close to Grand Central!

I'm only seeing:

HOTWIRE:

4.5* Midtown East for $206.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Westin Grand Central.

Would this potential property be of interest?

Thank you for closing this thread with your final decision.

Was this a regular rate purchase (where you  knew the name of the hotel beforehand) or was this thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or hotwire?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]