Hotwire Hotel: Washington DC hotel help?

leebick
By leebick,
in

Three and a half stars, Washington, DC- Dupont/Embassy Row, July 19-22, 2017, $113

Full Amenities listed:  Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Would this be the Churchill? I am looking for a hotel in an area with restaurants, shops, and metro within walking distance. Don't really know too much about this area of DC.

I'm seeing:

3.5* Dupont - Embassy Row for $113.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Not certain, but a guess would be the Beacon.

Please let us know more about what you are looking for (acceptable zones, desired budget/star rating) and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, Aaron, for your quick reply! I am not terribly familiar with the DC neighborhoods. It's just my husband and me traveling. I'd like to find an area with restaurants and shops, easy access to the metro system, not terribly far out of the mall area (although we wouldn't need to walk to the mall). Our travel plans include visiting the Viet Nam and Korean War Memorials, Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Arlington National Cemetery, maybe one of the Smithsonian museums. We aren't "shoppers" but we enjoy ethnic restaurants, coffee shops, boutique shops, etc. I have stayed at the Kimpton "George" hotel down near the Capitol. It was a nice hotel, but the neighborhood is a little "barren" as far as restaurants, coffee shops, etc., are concerned.  I'd like to keep the cost under $140 a night (including tax), if possible, and probably 3 stars or better; I'd do 2.5 stars if the place has consistently good reviews. I've been looking at Embassy Row/Dupont Circle, further out than that (someone suggested the Omni Shorham), Capitol area (The Liaison?), White House area, Mall area, maybe Crystal City or Foggy Bottom... but I am not sure how easy it'll be to access the mall area from some of these locations. This stay in DC is part of a loop trip- flying into BWI, visit DC and Williamsburg, then going from BWI to MCO to visit friends in Cocoa Beach (I'll hotwire there, too!), then MCO home to BOS. Thanks again for your reply and offer of help!

Just came across this...

Four star

North Georgetown/Foggy Bottom

July 19-22, 2017

$104 per night

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I don't even have a guess. On the Hotel List, the highest rating for NG/FB is three stars. If this is a location (interesting restaurants, metro stop within walking distance), I think I'll jump on it! Thanks for you help... again...!

Best guess for the offer above would be the Kimpton Glover Park Hotel.

If you'd like you can find this hotel on the map at our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (search 1 mile of the address 2505 Wisconsin Ave Nw Washington DC), and at the bottom of the info bubble that will open for this hotel on the map, you will see a link to 'SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc.'.. this can be a good way to see what restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. are nearby and walkable to the hotel.:wink:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes if if we can be of further help.

PS- please update your email address associated with the board (so that your subscription emails don't bounce back to us)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I am going to sit tight for awhile and bid closer to my travel dates. I have found what I thought was a good offer on the Omni Shoreham only to find from this board that last summer (2016) on our travel dates, there was a winning bid on HOTWIRE for the Omni for about $77; that's half of what I am finding. This is a trip where we are doing 2 or 3 nights in each of 4 cities so I'm going to HOTWIRE them all closer to the dates. I figure that even if it's a less than desirable room, it'll only be for a few nights before moving on. I'll make sure to do my bidding through your site's links. Thanks for all your help- I'll post winning bids when I do decided to bid. 

• 2 months later...

Hi! This is a continuation on a search I abandoned several months ago (I felt it was too early to search/buy). I need help identifying the following hotel:

Check in 7/19/17, check out 7/25/17    2 adults    3.5* Dupont/Embassy Row hotel, $127 a night

Amenities:  Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I currently hold a reservation at the Kimpton Madera for $172 a night (including taxes and fees, king deluxe with sofa and balcony). If this Hotwire bid is a good price/hotel, I could save $270, so it's worth looking into. Also, if you have any opinion of Madera vs. whatever this hotel might be, I'd be interested in hearing it! Thanks for your help.

Please start by following-up your previous Portland Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip (which is a different stay than your other Portland trip a month earlier)

Also, please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For this HOTWIRE offer:

3.5* Dupont - Embassy Row for $139.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be the Kimpton Rogue

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I followed up the Portland search from several years ago- sorry about that.

I am going to keep my existing reservation at the Kimpton Madera in Dupont Circle. I made it ages ago on a "buy 2 get 1 free" sale, so the rate is $172 a night for six night. Stalking Hotwire this week hasn't brought up anything compelling, so I'll keep my existing reservation. Thanks with your help with this, though.

WHAT NEXT? I'm off to stalk rates for 2 night in Manhattan in September for 4 people- we're going to see Paul McCartney!! (Mother's Day gift from my daughter!!!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]