Priceline Hotel: Need help

Mayor
By Mayor,
in

Hello,

I've never used priceline or hotwire before but considering using priceline for my upcoming trip to Nashville (June 17-20). Ideally I am looking to stay in a 4* hotel in the Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter Area but would consider Vanderbilt - Music Row - West End. My ideal budget would be to spend no more than $200 CAD/night.

I've looked on priceline's express deal and see a 3.5 star hotel in downtown is offering a price of $144 CAD/night and a 4* hotel is offering $266 CAD/night. From looking at previous winning bids, it appears several bids were accepted below $200 on priceline and hotwire.

As I am inexperienced with using hotwire and priceline, I was hoping someone may be able to help me out in determining if it is worth placing a bid on priceline?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Matt

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post to the board in USD as it keeps all prices on the board consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

As far as bidding on PRICELINE vs. PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE...

Bidding is usually slightly less expensive, but you also need to be a bit more flexible in the sense that you know very little about the hotel and need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone(s) that you bid at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.  On the other hand, with PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE you know a little more about the hotel (amenities offered, review ratings, etc), and you can also use this information to try to take an educated guess as to what you may receive.

Let us know your thoughts on what is more important you for this trip... knowing the amenity and review information and having a guess as to the property you may receive OR is the absolute lowest price the most important factor?  Also, please confirm your maximum budget in USD (per nite before fees/taxes) and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]