Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center) Residence Inn By Marriott Portland Downtown/lloyd Center

Madlaxx
By Madlaxx,
in

First time in Portland - want to stay Downtown. Dates are 4/6-4/9 (three nights Thu, Fri, Sat).

3.5* would be lovely if we can stay around 100$. No particular amenities except wifi a must.

Would love to stay in zone 1, 2 or 12. How should i proceed ideally?

thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In the future please use the zone names as it avoids any confusion (both now and in the future) as the zone numbers will change anytime a new zone is added, removed, or renamed.

At current rates i think you're more likely looking in the $125-$145 range or a 3.5* or better for these dates, we can of course start lower, but at the moment i think you're going to need to increase your budget, lower your star rating, or consider other zones.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you!  I'd prefer to keep to the zones and see if i can do better with a 3* rating at this time. 

Apologies for not naming the zones: My preference is to stay in one of these 3 zones.

Downtown Portland - City Center - PSU - South Waterfront

Downtown Portland - Pioneer Courthouse Square - Pearl District

Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center

Please advise. 

Madlaxx

Sorry, i'm not following... did you meant you want to try for a 3* hotel up to $100/nite?

Please confirm if that is what you mean, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow, but i will add that i'm doubtful that you will be success at current rates.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in the Portland area you have THREE ONE re-bid zone.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* City Center
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* Pioneer Courthouse Square
Select 3* Moda Center

Select 3* City Center and Pioneer Courthouse Square
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* City Center and Moda Center
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* City Center, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Moda Center
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure or new to the subject)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sorry, my mistake... the strategy is correct but i wrote the wrong number of re-bid zones; there is ONE re-bid zone in this region (that only has hotels rated 2.5* and under)

Are you on the bidding page of PRICELINE, and when looking at the star ratings for each zone are you making sure that only one zone is selected at a time?

I'm not surprised... what are your current thoughts/gameplan?

The actual price required is somewhere between your last failed bid ($105) and $163. PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* for $148 and a 4.5* for $160, so you know that those options exist at a price below the counter-offer price. What would be your desired max bid at this point?

Let us know once you decide how you would like to proceed and we will take it from there.

Hi, 

I have been busy and got back to PRICELINE for this - PRICELINE EXPRESS shows this one in NW Portland: Can it be figured out which hotel this might be? That way i can work out the location. 

2½-Star Express Deal Hotel

Northwest Portland Area  

8/10guest rating

Bed choice available

SAVE 20%

was  $155

$124

includes FREE Parking, Internet and Breakfast

thanks

m

For help with the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above please provide the full amenity that is associated with this property.

However, as your previous bidding was for a 3* hotel in one of the 'downtown' zones and you stopped at $100/nite... are you now willing to lower your star rating to 2.5*, stay outside of Downtown, and increase your budget?

Hi, 

I was traveling for work and did not have any time to pursue this much more. (My earlier question was more out of curiosity as a coworker mentioned that some portion of NW portland was still something i should look at). 

I do want to stick to the downtown zones and increase my budget and stay at 3* . Of course, my procrastination has cost me since prices are higher now.  

But i have received some gift cards for restaurants and events there and I can raise my budget for hotel up to around 135.

On my Express deals right now, i see 

3-Star Express Deal Hotel Moda Center - Lloyd District - Convention Center Area  $147

3-Star Express Deal Hotel Downtown Portland - Pioneer Courthouse Square - Pearl District Area Bed choice available  $160

Ready to bid again for 3* and above! 

Thanks for continuing to remain patient and assist me in this. 

'

- M

Using your ONE re-bid zone i would try:

Select 3* City Center
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* Pioneer Courthouse Square
Select 3* Moda Center

Select 3* City Center and Pioneer Courthouse Square
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 3* City Center and Moda Center
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* City Center, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Moda Center
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]