Priceline Hotel: 3* Nashville (Vanderbilt - Music Row - West End) Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/west End

dep
By dep,
in

We are traveling to Nashville in June and would prefer to stay in the Vanderbilt-West End area. I have used Hotwire several times, but have never used Priceline. Priceline currently shows a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal that we are considering. But we need a room for 4 people. Priceline only guarantees that the room will sleep 2 people. They do say that after you make the reservation that you can contact the hotel and try to get a certain type of room - in our case we need 2 double or queen beds - but no guarantee. I was wondering how difficult it usually is to get a 2 bed room? I would call immediately, which is over 3 months in advance. But I was just curious as to how cooperative hotels are with people who get their rooms through Priceline. Thanks.

More broadly, it's easier in some cities that are more family-friendly (Orlando, for example) than others, but on a more specific basis it's difficult to know - it can depend quite a bit on the hotel, day and even may depend on who you talk to. If you call, a hotel may have no problem, but others may charge more for rooms with two beds (common if a room w/two beds is usually more expensive), may say no or may note it as a request on your reservation then it becomes what's available at check-in.

Some listings on PRICELINE EXPRESS do offer bed choice - are you seeing any listings of interest with bed choice for your dates? You can also search for more than 2 adults on HOTWIRE, which should result in some form of bedding for the amount of people indicated (may be 1 + rollaway, 1 + sofabed or 2 beds.)

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? Also, please let us know dates of travel and we would be happy to research and offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the info. I did check Hotwire, and I do not see near as good of a deal there. The PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is for a 3* in the Vanderbilt/West End area for $121. Of course that's more like $150 with tax and fees, and $175 when you add on parking. My guess is that this is either the Holiday Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, just from looking at the Express Deal and comparing it to the named hotels on Priceline. I looked at those hotels' websites and the king bed room and the 2 queen room were the same price. We would be there from June 22-25, and under $200 per night including tax, fees, and parking would be what we are looking for. We would want to be in the West End area. Thanks again.

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (confirm your dates on the landing page):

3* Vanderbilt - Music Row - West End for $121
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my guess would be the Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt or the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End

I'm currently seeing rates for 3* hotels in this zone start at $219/nite, so if you're unable to move forward on the property above given you can't guarantee two beds, what is your next option?  If your next best option is paying $200+ per nite, you may want to consider:

-buying two rooms at this price

-buying one room, calling the hotel to see if they can pre-assign you a room with 2 beds, if not immediately try to purchase another room at the same property (with the caveat that an additional room at this same property may not be offered or available)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We went ahead with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $121. It was the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End. After getting the reservation in Priceline, I went to the hotel's website and searched for our reservation. t was there, and it indicated we had a 2 queen bed room. So we are happy. I may also call just to make sure they don't change it. Thanks for the help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was one of the hotels we had guessed, and more importantly, that you were assigned a room with 2 Queen beds.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm the amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]