Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark - Jersey City - Meadowlands (Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) - Elizabeth) Holiday Inn Newark Airport

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

This hotel was also offered on the Express Deal with the following amenities:

Free Internet,     Free Parking     Bed Choice Available (2 Double beds, King size bed,)

for $77 on the same dates.  

When bidding I started at $50 $55$$59 was offered to accept if I bid at $82, I refused and kept on bidding $69 and $72.  I also tried bidding with the additional date of Friday night which the bid of $72 came back with an offer to accept if I again increased by $23 but to the amount of $95.  Since I already knew that the other dates would be cheaper i declined this offer  I have figured out that if they give you an offer they will accept half of the increase as a bid.  so if they say increase by $22 then refuse it and bid again at an $11 dollar increase and it will be accepted.  This has ALWAYS worked for me but of course things can change in the future.  Generally a $5 increase is noted in the Express Deals and a $5 decrease if you bid and take a chance on the hotel you are going to get.  Of course a chance that is greatly reduced by research.  

In this case my research led me to believe I would get this hotel and I was correct.  I was hoping for the Doubletree though but I knew it was more than likely going to be the Holiday INN.  The list price for this hotel at these dates is $117.13.  The non-opaque rates were unusually high for these dates for the past 10 days, They went down today so I decided to take advantage and get the hotel aat the lowest rate possible.

AMENITIES listed were: 

Free Parking, Free Internet (Airport shuttle)

Free Cancellation Available +1 moreClose

Special Offers:  Breakfast for 2 Adults at certain rates.

On the bidding part the amenities were:  

Fitness, business, 7+

Hope this was helpful, I will update with how the room was when I go and return.  

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to take advantage of the drop in rates that you saw today and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]