Hotwire Hotel: How to find Residence Inn Maingate

CVanMartin
By CVanMartin,
in

We want to book Residence Inn Maingate at 1700 S Clementine St for March 29-Apr 3.  We are happy to pay up to 125 USD if needed.  It is 3 star hotel, 4/5 on trip advisor, and has free parking, free internet, and free breakfast.  It also has full kitchens in all the rooms but that doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on hotwire or priceline.

Any help with this would be very appreciated.  We have stayed there numerous times in the past by booking directly with hotel, but with the horrible Canadian/US dollar exchange we are trying to reduce the hotel costs a bit.  I have never used this website before so if I am doing something wrong by asking this question then I'm sorry in advance.

Thank you!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Using the current zone boundaries, the Residence Inn is located in HOTWIRE's Disneyland - California Adventure - Anaheim, and in PRICELINE's Angel Stadium of Anaheim zone.

The issue that you'll face is that both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE only show a limited number of hotels at each star rating within each zone, and with dozens of 3* rated properties in these zones, the chances of the one you want being offered are somewhat low (made even lower by the fact that the RESIDENCE INN MAINGATE you do want is priced over $240/nite for the dates you want and is one of the most expensive 3* hotels in the zone    for your dates.

When you approach PRICELINE / HOTWIRE and are looking for a specific hotel, sometimes you get lucky and the hotel you want is one of the properties being offered, but more often than not it will simply lead to disappointment when the hotel you're looking for isn't offered.

A better approach to take when using the 'opaque' services is to have an open mind, see what is offered, and then determine if any of the guessed properties will work well for your needs or not (or if you can make them work given the price).  For example, for your dates i'm seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3.5* Angel Stadium of Anaheim for $113
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be the Country Inn and Suites By Carlson (i'm not 100% certain of this ID but if you are interested i would do further research on it before you commit to it... but at least this gives you an idea of what might be possible).  So while this isn't the Residence Inn, could you make this (or similar) properties work for your needs at more than half the price of what you would currently need to pay for the Residence Inn... or is the RI the only property that you're willing to accept for this trip?

If you are flexible in regards to the property, what aspects are most important to you for this stay... overall reviews, location, included breakfast, kitchenette in the room, etc?

In doing research for the above i also found (again, confirm your dates on the landing pages):

Candlewood Suites for $122/nite, which gets very good reviews, is within your budget, and has a kitchen (no breakfast, but with the kitchen in the room should be easy enough to pick up some cereal, donuts, eggs, etc. if that is what you'd like)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response.  I am amazed at the detailed service that this website provides.

Our main requirements are kitchen (one of our daughters requires gluten free) and walking distance to the park (less than a mile for sure).  Breakfast would be a bonus, but not required.

Candlewood Suites looks interesting, it appears that is quite close to Residence Inn Maingate and does have the full kitchen.

I will keep checking the sites over the next week and write back if there is something that I need more information on, or if I successfully win a bid.

Thank you.

Any idea what these  might be?

For March 29-April 3, 2 adults and 2 children

through Hotwire Express:

3 star for $156 in Anaheim California Adventure area

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free parking, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

3 star for $132/night in California Adventure area

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Condo, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

or this one from Hotwire, nothing for this same price is on Hotwire Express:

3 1/2 star Boutique Hotel California Adventure area for $136/night

9.5/10

free parking, free internet, free breakfast, boutique hotel, smoke free room, fitness centre, pool(s), restaurants, business centre

Thanks

3* Disneyland - California Adventure - Anaheim for $156.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Parking
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==>  No guess

3* Disneyland - California Adventure - Anaheim for $132.00
Free Internet
Condo
Suite
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Guess would be Peacock Suites

I'm not seeing the third listing you mention when searching on HOTWIRE for these dates. Are you still seeing it when searching?

Would any of the above possibilities be of interest? Please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for the compliments on the site and the attention to detail that we give to each user.:smile:

2 hours ago, CVanMartin said:

Our main requirements are kitchen

None of the hotels above show a kitchette amenity, so with this being a need (vs. a want) would this be something that you would be willing to take a chance on?  While our research and guesses are usually very good, we can't see the hotel name either, so is this something that you would be willing to take a chance on (no matter how small the risk), as it seems like you may 100% need to be guaranteed a kitchen/kitchenette).  If so, then you would want to choose a HOTWIRE offer that lists Kitchen or Kitchenette as one of the listed amenities.

While it would be reasonable to think a Condo property has facilities to prepare a meal, HOTWIRE's criteria for the Kitchenette amenity is a refrigerator and a microwave or stovetop.  Looking closer at the Peacock Suites it would appear that there is no stove top, but it does have a microwave (clicking 'More Details' under the room type):

Room cleanliness: Excellent! 4.5
Food & Drink - Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee/tea maker

... would this be acceptable for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is there a way to guess what this property might be?  It is only listed on Hotwire regular, there is no corresponding price on Hotwire Easy View.

3.5 Boutique Hotel for 136/night, California Adventure area

9.5/10 Amazing!

Amenties: 

free parking

free breakfast

free internet

boutique hotel

smoke free rooms

fitness centre

pool(s)

restaurant(s)

business centre

If it is close to the park I think we will book it, and hope we can ask for a mini fridge for medical reasons (celiac-gluten free)

Is there a way to guess what this property might be?  It is only listed on Hotwire regular, there is no corresponding price on Hotwire Easy View.

3.5 Boutique Hotel for 136/night, California Adventure area

travel dates March 29 to April 3, 2 adults 2 children

9.5/10 Amazing!

Amenties: 

free parking

free breakfast

free internet

boutique hotel

smoke free rooms

fitness centre

pool(s)

restaurant(s)

business centre

If best educated guess has it less than 3/4 mile from the park I think we will book it.

Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Without the full amenity set we will have a hard time researching this property given how many hotels there are in this zone.  The hotel does show good promise with 95% recommendation and good reviews for all of the criteria that HOTWIRE asks previous guests to comment on (including 'Location'), but also keep in mind that this is based upon only 5 reviews so not a very large sample size yet.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know what you decide to do or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]