Priceline Hotel: Melbourne Beach / Vero Beach - 3/22-3/25

cclaser
By cclaser,
in

We would like to stay in a 3 star + hotel on either Vero Beach or Melbourne Beach March 22-25.   Can anyone recommend a nice property?   Also, we would be interested in hearing which location is preferred by people that have been to both.   We would just like a nice quality location, with a heated pool and beach access.  We are likely to day trip for an air boat ride, and Cape Canaveral.  I am open to bidding or Priceline express/Hotwire.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't have firsthand experience with either but i did find the following (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3.5* Melbourne Beach - Indiatlantic for $141
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront

Would you consider Cocoa Beach?  I also see this one:

3.5* Cocoa Beach - Cape Canaveral for $177
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort would be my guess for this one (a little over your budget but the extra savings using the link in my signature may bring it close to what you're willing to pay)

Do either of these properties work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can use our BiddingHelper.com tool to search and then use the filters in both the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW and PRICELINE EXPRESS tabs to get a ballpark idea of what a 3* hotel in each of these zones will cost.

Let us know once your plans are firm and we will have a look at what hotels it is that may be offered and at what price you may win by bidding on PRICELINE if you decide to go that route.  Any insight we can get by researching now may not be relevant by the time you're ready to proceed as rates may change and/or the offers may change between now and the time that your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this solo nite?

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)

???

Only option listed within your budget (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3.5* Melbourne Beach - Indiatlantic for $136
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront would be my best guess

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Unfortunately, I was a little too late to pull the trigger on the Crown Plaza for 136.   I am going to keep watching to see if the price drops back down for 3.5 star on Hotwire or Priceline Express.  I did reserve the Radison for 209 as a back up.  Do rates ever come down as you get  closer to the date?  Is there any chance to bid, and get a 3.5 star at a more reasonable rate.  I would guess not, because the 3.5 and 3 star are considered the same when bidding on PRICELINE.

1 hour ago, cclaser said:

3.5 and 3 star are considered the same when bidding on PRICELINE.

I edited above as this doesn't as it's inaccurate... 3* and 3.5* are two different star ratings on PRICELINE.

When you bid it's for the minimum star rating that you're willing to accept, so if you bid 3* it's possible that PRICELINE upgrades to a higher rated hotel (3.5*, 4*, 4.5*, or even 5*)...but if you will never be downgraded to a lower rated property; if you bid 3.5* you will never receive a 3* property.

With your trip a week away, and your current best deal at $209/nite, what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this stay?

If you were happy with the Crowne Plaza previously it appears the same offer is available, but now at $149/nite, which is still within your budget:

3.5* Melbourne Beach - Indiatlantic for $149
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> guess remains with the Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront

Did you want to go with this 'known' offer... or if you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take the offer above) and we'll take it from there.

For help with the $179 offer please include the full dates (star rating, zone, room per nite, amenities associated with the property, etc)

I'm assuming the $179/nite one is not option then since it's not in a zone that works for your needs.

So that brings up back to the within budget guessed Crown Plaza... is this property no longer of interest?

Than you for closing this thread with your decision.

Does your purchase above also conclude your Orlando hotel thread?  If so, please post a follow-up there so that thread has a conclusion as well.

Thanks.

When you have a moment please comment in your Orlando thread of the options that were presented... as they could easily disappear just as the offer above did.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]