Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* hotel Miami Beach - need help to identify

Ninemund
By Ninemund,
in

Hi, I'm new here and I would be extremely grateful for any assistance.

Looking for a 4.5* hotel on Miami Beach during 15-22 March 2017 for two adults and two kids (3 and 5 years old). Searching at the hotwire site gives me a very tempting suggestion $297 per night (75% off) with the following details:

South Beach - Oceanfront Collins area

$297 per night

80% recommended by hotwire users

Free internet

Pet friendly

Near beach

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf nearby

Resort fee $36 per night

4.5 rating at tripadvisor

13 bookings in the last 24 hours

Distance:

MIA: 11.6 miles

FLL: 14.2 miles

PBI: 56.3 miles

However, I seem to get different matches in the hotwire easy view at biddinghelper (why??). The closest one (when it comes to price) is the following:

South Beach - Oceanfront Collins

$291 per night

80% recommended by hotwire users

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Near beach

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Internet access

Golf nearby

Spa services

Children's activities

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

4.5 rating at tripadvisor

resort fee $36 per night

13 bookings in the last 24 hours

MIA - Miami Intl. - 9.5mi

FLL - Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl. Airport - 15.4mi

PBI - West Palm Beach Intl. - 57.7mi

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 'regular' Hotwire and the EASY VIEW tab are treated as separate searches by HOTWIRE, and it's not uncommon for them to change the price slightly from one search to the next.  The majority of the time prices are the same, but when there is a difference, the EASY VIEW is usually $1-$2 cheaper; if you do find a lower price in the 'regular' hotwire tab simply purchase from that window instead.

As you can see from your list above the first eight amenities are the same in both... that is where the 'regular' hotwire page stops, the EASY VIEW goes on to show you the rest.

For the HOTWIRE offer above are you searching for 1room/2adults/2children as i'm not seeing this offer in either tab (i am seeing this property priced at $256/nite when searching for only 1room/2adults/0children, but there is no 'bed choice' option offering two beds, so are you willing to take the risk that hotel assigns you a room with two beds, the room as a pullout sofabed, or can bring a rollaway into the room.... OR are you indeed seeing this when searching for 1room/2adults/2children)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. But the fact that the distance to airports differ between the two, is that an indicator of these two being different hotels? Every single thing is the same except for these distances, even the number of ratings etc.

Yes, my search is for two adults and two children, all in one room. My kids are only three and five so we can manage with a sofabed or similar if that is what we are assigned.

The distances shown are from the search location to the centerpoint of the zone... not to the specific hotel currently being offered.

It's possible that the EASY VIEW uses a slightly different point as the search location (or in some circumstances converts to latitude/longitude when submitting the request) which could account for the mileage difference you're seeing.

This is what i'm seeing when searching for 1room/2adults/0children:

4.5* South Beach - Oceanfront Collins for $248.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> unfortunately i'm sure which property this one may be

If you're willing to take the occupancy risk you may want to also consider:

5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront for $316
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my guess here would be the W South Beach and would be a very big discount vs. a conventionally booked room (and the promo link in my signature will take a bit more off the price, which adds up over a 7 nite stay)

4* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront for $261
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel would be my best guess for this one

Do either of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! That's interesting. Wasn't aware of the distance measuring but that makes sense. I've tried your search with two adults only, but I get different results. I don't really see the point of searching for two adults only though, since I will be needing two beds either way, so why take the risk of not including two children when searching? Are you still not able to see the same results I mentioned initially when searching for two adults and two children? Many thanks for your kind assistance so far, I really appreciate it!

If you're seeing (what appears to be) the same offer when searching for 2adults/2children then correct, it is better/safer to book that way... my comment was because i was not able to see the same offer as you when searching for 2adults/2children.

What is the location (the exact text you're entering into the search box) that you're searching for? (and to confirm, March 15-22, correct?)

Right, 15-22 March, 2 adults and 2 children, 1 room, Miami Beach, FL

Any suggestions about this one:

4.5*

$251 per night

Mid-beach

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4.5* Mid-Beach for $251.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
==> best guess would be the Fontainebleau Miami Beach 

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Thank you!! That is a great deal then. Now the mysterious first one is back at $291, Oceanfront Collins:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

This is the one I am most interested in.

As i don't have any insight into the one above, and since this an extended stay, you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite(s) of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

My goodness, this is really frustrating. So many tempting alternatives. Many new ones today also. Do you mind if I ask for your advice again..? 

South Beach Oceanfront Collins priced at $211 and 4.5*:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Mid-beach priced at $251 and 4.5*:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services

Central SOBE Convention Center priced at $233 and 4.5*:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

All on the same search as before; 2 adults and 2 children, 15-22 March.

First one:

7 hours ago, Ninemund said:

South Beach Oceanfront Collins priced at $211 and 4.5*:

I'm still not seeing this one, but it's the same property asked about earlier:

19 hours ago, Ninemund said:

Second one:

Mid-beach priced at $251 and 4.5*:

Same offer asked about here:

20 hours ago, thereuare said:

For this HOTWIRE offer:

4.5* Mid-Beach for $251.00
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
==> best guess would be the Fontainebleau Miami Beach 

THIRD ONE:

Central SOBE Convention Center priced at $233 and 4.5*:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

Likely the Gale South Beach, but with a 65% recommendation, and a zone that ensure you're not on the beach, this would seem to be a 'lesser' offer than any of the previous ones that you have inquired about.

Perhaps a better question... why not the guessed Fontainebleau Miami Beach?  It gets very good reviews, and with kids in tow i assume you're not looking for the late nite party lifestyle and needing to be in the heart of South Beach, yet you're close enough if you wanted to make a visit.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]