Priceline Hotel: 4* Dallas (Galleria - Dallas North) Intercontinental Dallas

shark4hire
By shark4hire,
in

So I was trying to land the Westin Galleria for my parents coming to town and Hotwire raised the price on me while I was paying for it so I got annoyed and decided to give PRICELINE a shot. They have this property (secretly) listed on Priceline Express as a 4* hotel but I've stayed there before and nothing about this hotel is 4*. Much more like a 3*. 

Hotwire correctly lists this hotel as an Addison location, which is accurate, but Priceline calls it a Galleria North property, which isn't accurate. So while I am disappointed (in both Priceline and Hotwire), I wanted to share these facts with BetterBidding readers looking for a 4* in the area. Stick to the Westin Galleria or Le Meridien Galleria when booking in this area.

Priceline Express Listed Amenities for 4* Galleria North Hotel (Intercontinental Dallas):

• Free Parking
  • Business Center
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Indoor or Outdoor Pool
  • Fitness Center
  • No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Sorry to hear this wasn't one of the properties you were expecting/hoping for, but hopefully it will suit your parents' needs and they will enjoy their stay (they'll be happy just being around their child:wink:)

Feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase and we will try to assist in a more satisfactory outcome. (and if you've had more than 2-3 wins over the 10+ years since joining the board please begin to share your results so that others can benefit from the information)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy the time with your family in town.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Wolverine!

Yes, it's been about ten years and I have mostly used HOTWIRE during that time. Typically, I drive as far as possible and then login to Hotwire at the last minute and try to grab a good deal, so there isn't usually a ton of research. At other times, I become familiar with which hotel is being offered based on the amenities, rating and reviews and proceed to book at will. For example, I knew that Hotwire had the Westin Galleria at $75 because I have booked both that hotel and Le Meriden dozens of times and can spot the differences on Hotwire.  I did review several of the posted threads on the subject and knew it was unlikely to get the Westin Galleria at that price ($87/nt for four nights) as they typically offer only weekends at that rate and then double the rate come Monday. I'm simply offering this info as a benefit to your readers at Betterbidding.com as I did not see any prior threads on the topic. In any event, booking through Priceline was about $20 cheaper than booking through Hotwire.

And yes, parents are happy to see their GRANDCHILDREN.

Thanks again for always responding to your readers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]