Bidding Name Your Price for Car Rental on Priceline

Lynnie Nguyen
By Lynnie Nguyen,
in

I went to priceline.com and clicked on Name Your Price option. After chosing my date and location, I entered a price of $10/day and it showed me a check out page with total price and asking for my personal and credit card information. After filling all the info needed, there's a "Buy My Rental Car Now" button in the bottom of the page to complete the process. Does that mean that I'm requesting an offer and have to wait for their acceptance, or does that mean that I was already accepted to get a rental car with that price and they're ready to charge my credit card?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet checked inventory for your dates.  Once you click the BUY MY RENTAL CAR button they will go out to see if a rental company will accept your offer.  If so, your credit card is charged and you 'own' the rental reservation... if not, your credit card is not charged.

Once you click the BUY MY RENTAL button you will know in about 15-30 seconds if your bid price has been accepted or not.

What are the details (location, car size, dates, etc) of your rental?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]