Hotwire Hotel: Hotel ID in New York

bonnie10
By bonnie10,
in

I'm trying to ID a handful of hotels in a few different areas of NY for the dates of March 26-28, 2017 on Hotwire.  Any of these that you can comment on would be much appreciated. thanks!

4* Boutique Hotel in Midtown East  -- 85% recommended 

$109

Business centerFitness centerRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

4.5* Boutique Hotel in World Trade Center --  90% recommended

$109

Boutique hotelBusiness centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlySelf-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

4* New to Hotwire Hotel in Lower East Side Village area - 75% recommended

$111

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

4* Boutique in Lower East - East Side Village - 80% recommended

$113

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

4* Boutique Hotel in Upper East Side Area - 70% recommended

$110

Boutique hotelBusiness centerFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

However, I will add that i'm very familiar with NYC, if you simply let us know your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) and what your needs are for this trip, we can make some suggestions as to the best offers for these dates.  Also, as you noted, the hotels above are geographically all over the city, so what made you choose the hotels above? (given they are all over the place and very different from one another)  What criteria is important to you for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My apologies for not using the BiddingHelper tool ) - I didn't realize all amenities weren't being shown now. I'll certainly do that in the future and can do that on these as well.  We are trying to stay below $130....ideally around $110 & willing to go a little above $130 if needed.  My wife and I will be in town for 2 nights just for a getaway.  We will catch a broadway show on one night and the rest of the time we'll just hit some of the popular things to see, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, etc.  I guess I intentionally picked hotels from a few different areas just to see if one hotel stood out above the rest.  We're fine to use the subway to get around, so it's not critical that we stay in the heart of everything, but don't want to stay too far away since our time will be limited. I don't think we want to stay in Times Square and not sure about the other midtown areas.  I thought we might like to stay out of the fray in a more local/quaint neighborhood like Greenwich/East/West Village or Chelsea as long as we still had easy and quick access to get into the midtown stuff, but didn't see as many options in the price range. And we're not married to that idea...I don't think we want to stay in Times Square, but other that we're not opposed more midtown, upper or even wall street areas if that's the better option.  I'd absolutely welcome your opinion on any of the areas.  thank you!

32 minutes ago, bonnie10 said:

We are trying to stay below $130....ideally around $110 & willing to go a little above $130 if needed.

Just to confirm so i know where the 'line in the sand is'... is that $130 room rate or all-in?

Please confirm and i'll take a look at some of the best options.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some options i'm seeing (confirm your dates on the landing page if any links are provided below):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $125
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i think this is Tryp Times Square South

4.5* Lower East Side - Chinatown for $136
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York

4.5* World Trade Center - Wall Street for $108.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> W Hotel Downtown

4* World Trade Center - Wall Street for $129.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center 

Any of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (and how it goes if you proceed with one of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for the info!  yeah, all of them are of interest.  I'm definitely interested in the area of Hotel Indigo & I had some concerns about staying as south as Wall Street, but obviously you recommend that area so that's good  to know.  thanks, I really appreciate it.  This gives me some great options!

9 hours ago, bonnie10 said:

I had some concerns about staying as south as Wall Street, but obviously you recommend that area

Well, i wouldn't say i recommend this area as much as i say it can offer some good value (as that seemed to be the objective from reading your posts above).

My focus on the list above was on value and the nicest hotels for the money.  You do get better value Downtown (especially on the weekends), but it is a trade-off between price and convenience, and just how much of a trade-off depends upon how you typically travel.

If you're the type that leaves your hotel in the morning and returns late at nite, then location is less of a factor... if you prefer to return to the hotel throughout the day then it becomes more of an issue.  However, in either case staying Dowtnown is certainly do-able.

Also, as you listed walking the Brooklyn Bridge as one of the things on your 'to do' list, staying downtown already puts you close to the bridge.
NOTE: my advice for walking the bridge, if you have other things you'd like to do and are trying to budget your time is to take the subway to Brooklyn, then only walk back to Manhattan over the bridge (as this is the direction you want in order to take in the skyline... not as much to see walking towards Brooklyn).  Also, i'd also recommend an early lunch on this day and eat at:

Juliana's

19 Old Fulton St

(this is the original owner and location of Grimaldi's, which is now next door)

I believe they open at 11:30am, so you want to get there at about 11:15 as a queue will begin to form and only gets longer throughout the day

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and insights for the trip!  As far as hotels, I was getting ready to book either the Hotel Indigo or W Hotel.  But unfortunately, at least in the sense that I'm asking more feedback of you, it looks like our dates are having to be shifted to later in the week due to childcare for our 3 kids.   Looking at my new dates of 3/30-4/1, I no longer see Hotel Indigo (that I'm aware of).  I think I've identified the W Hotel and then I listed a couple of other low priced 4*s and threw in a 3* just for the heck of it since it was priced so low and had a 100% recommended rating. These were Hotwire via the Bidding Helper link. thank you!

DATES - 3/30-4/1

4.5* - World Trade Center - Wall Street  $95   (W Hotel Downtown?)

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free room

Fitness center

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Children's activities

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaire

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

wheelchair accessibl

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

4*  Midtown East  $107

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Business center

Internet access

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

in-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

4* - Lower East Side - East Village  $114

Free Internet

Smoke-free room

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

3*  World Trade Center - Wall Street  $80

Free Internet

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center, Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

For 3/30-4/1, I'm seeing:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the dates of travel are correct on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Empire State Building Area for $118
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Likely the 70 Park Avenue

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $116
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Likely the Stewart 

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $104
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>St Giles the Court

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street for $97
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
>>>Likely the W Downtown

3* Downtown - Wall Street for $80
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Courtyard Downtown

HOTWIRE:

4.5* World Trade Center - Wall Street for $95.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the W Downtown

4* Midtown East for $110.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Not certain, but a guess would be the Hilton Manhattan East. For a bit less, I'd rather the potential 70 Park Avenue mentioned in PRICELINE EXPRESS section above.

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $114.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Holiday Inn LES

3* World Trade Center - Wall Street for $80.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
==>  Not certain, but a guess would be the Courtyard Downtown.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

copter,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip and somebody will assist you there.

The topic title of this thread will ultimately be used to reflect whatever bonnie10 decides to do for her own trip, just as the topic title of your newly created thread will ultimately be used to reflect whatever you decide to do for your trip, and then a link for each will automatically be added to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]