Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Walt Disney World - Disney Springs) Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

cclaser
By cclaser,
in

We are planning a brief get away to Orlando for 2 nights, and 3 nights in the Melbourne area.  We will have a rental car.  There are lots of 4 star plus hotels on Hotwire.  Can anyone recommend a hotel with nice amenities, near Sea World and Universal.  Ideally, it would have a nice pool, etc.  Our plans are not set.  We did Disney last year, and I am thinking Sea World, and either Lego or Universal on Day 2.

We will be off to the Melbourne and Vero area after that.  I will start another thread for that stay.

Thanks

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Chicago hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for the additional nite that you needed.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For your request above i'm going to guess that your plans are too up in the air at the moment and we will need a bit more specifics in order to offer the most pertinent advice, but to at least give a quick look, what is your expected budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this part of your stay?  Do you need occupancy other than the default 2adults?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below:

4.5* Disney Maingate West for $104
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate

4* Disney Area - Lake Buena Vista East for $106
Free Parking
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Condo
Fitness Center
==> Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista/Orlando

4* Intl. Drive South - Sea World for $111
Free Parking
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Condo
Fitness Center
==> Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando

4* Walt Disney World - Disney Springs for $119
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

On HOTWIRE:

4* Disney - Lake Buena Vista for $72.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Resort
Pet Friendly
Suite
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Tennis
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Caribe Royale Resorts Suites and Villas

Any of the above of interest and work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you!   Yes, we will be staying 3/20 and 3/21, checking out 3/22. We have an 8 year old girl.  A fun hotel with a water slide would be great.  I will check out the hotels that you mentioned.  We are also interested in the Dolphin hotel.  I'm not sure if that is a Hotwire option for this timeframe.  

Thanks!

The Omni Championsgate mentioned above has a lazy river, according to its website. 

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:00 AM, cclaser said:

Our plans are not set.

Have you confirmed your plans of visiting SeaWorld and/or Universal and/or LegoLand?

I think you first need to decide what it is that you want to do during this part of your trip and what is important to you for this stay... proximity to the attractions you want to visit, 'nice-ness' of the hotel you choose, an extensive pool with water activities, etc.

For instance, above you mention perhaps trying to focus in on the Dolphin, is that going to get you that much closer than the Omni (where the only issue seems to be distance from SeaWorld, Universal, etc)

Yes, our plans are set.  We are arriving 3/20 and plan on Sea world 3/21.  We will check out 3/22 and go to Universal or perhaps LEGO.  We would like the nicest hotel possible within a reasonable drive to the Sea World and universal area.  A fun pool with a water slide or lazy river would be a bonus.  Thank you for your help!

We have flexibility.  If we can get a better deal bidding on Priceline, that would be great. 

36 minutes ago, cclaser said:

within a reasonable drive to the Sea World and universal area

I think all the hotels above are within a 30 minute drive... if that is too far, what do you consider to be 'reasonable' so we know the radius we should be researching in?

37 minutes ago, cclaser said:

If we can get a better deal bidding on Priceline

You may be able to get a better price by bidding on PRICELINE vs. what is offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, but you would then need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid, and not have any insight as to how 'nice' it is (no user reviews to go by) and/or if it had a good pool with any additional features. 

So what is more important to you.. the lowest possible price or having a little more insight into the property and being able to 'choose' a good one?

11 hours ago, cclaser said:

I think 19 miles from Universal is pretty inconvenient.... a little closer.

Everyone is different, so please let us know the maximum distance you're willing to drive (probably better in terms of minutes rather than miles) so that we know how wide of a net to cast when looking for your best options for this trip.

I don't think they have a water slide but this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Intl. Drive - Convention Center - Sea World for $138
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> looks like the Rosen Shingle Creek and gets great reviews (they do have two large pools, and a few hot tubs, but no water slides as far as i can tell)... and the code/link in my signature takes an additional 5% off

I'm not seeing anything else that jumps off the page at me, as most of the sub-$100 properties that you're seeing have very low user review scores and are not the type of properties you're after.

Does the one above seem to work for your needs?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]