Priceline Hotel: Puerto Rico Hotel help

kevin347
By kevin347,
in

Hello,

Looking for hotel in Puerto Rico from March 9th 2017 to March 14th 2017. We are going 2 families together. We have 1 toddler aged 3. Other family has 2 boys, 1 aged 3 and other 6. Thinking of staying either in Condando or Isle verde area. Considering the kids, leaning towards staying in a resort, but open to other ideas and also if there are other areas I should consider. Looking for some advise on it. Also is it good idea to rent car for 5 days or just for days when I need to travel further from those areas. I see that some hotels charge for parking. Unsure how the other modes of transportation are and how feasible it is in our situation.

I have always used priceline during my travels and I understand the limitation of priceline only guaranteeing 2 adults per room but better hotels have never denied offering me 2 double beds which will be needed for other family. I am looking at some of the priceline express deals and hotewire hotels. Will it be ok to post them here in this thread on which hotel could it be for those options ? 

I looked at Marriott in Isle Verde and liked it a lot because of proximity to beach but I don't think I have seen it reported here but I haven't done exhaustive search here.

Thanks

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Niagara Falls Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to discuss the above post.) Sharing prior wins is greatly appreciated as it keeps the board organized and helps other researching.

What would be your desired budget per room/per night for this stay? PRICELINE does not guarantee more than 1 bed per room when bidding or when a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal does not offer bed choice (sometimes you will find listings with bed choice and 2 beds is an option.) Are you seeing any PRICELINE EXPRESS listings of interest with a bed choice? You may have no problem requesting 2 beds, but the hotel can say no and you may have more issue in some areas than others (additionally, if it's a busy day/season, that can also be an issue in terms of availability.) It can even be a matter of who you talk to on the day. Some HOTWIRE listings also offer bed choice options, although not quite as frequently as PRICELINE EXPRESS listings do. 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I responded to that thread. I am hoping to stay below 140 per night as other fees and taxes are adding up quite a bit and almost reaching to 190 to 200 per night. I am debating between 3.5* to 4*. 

Right now in Isle Verde area I am only seeing this 4* property at 145 a night with these amenities. Any guess? There is no bed choice with this one

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

3.5 star I am seeing for 119 per night with these amenities. I am seeing bed choice with this one. 1 king pool view, 2 double or 1 king partial ocean view, 1 king partial ocean.

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

With hotwire I am seeing 2 choices in 4* for 142 and 146$ per night. and 2 choices for 3.5 star with 116 and 134 price. 

hotwire 4* Choices :

1) 142 per night : FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2) 146 per night : FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

3.5* choices

1) 134 per night : FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

2) 116 per night : FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Kitchenette, Children's activities

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]