Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - River North) The James Chicago

SanJose32
By SanJose32,
in

Very pleased with the win.  I was able to use the re-bid method, which I learned from this site (thanks everyone), to gradually raise my price and eventually got the James Hotel - a 4.5 star property - even though I was bidding 4 star.  The zones in which I was bidding that actually had 4 star hotels were Downtown - River North, Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park, and Chicago Loop - Grant Park.  The $109 bid was going to be my last before I went with a 4.5 star River North property on Hotwire, which I thought would be either the Godfrey (which is listed at 4.0 on Priceline I think) or the James.  Very happy to get the James.

Congrats on your success.

$109 is a considerably good deal for this property, especially in the Spring. Eataly is about a block away and is a highly enjoyable place to browse around. Definitely let me know if you have any Chicago questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the tip on Eataly.  I know of, but have not visited, the one in New York, which has gotten a lot of praise.  We will definitely have to make a stop there.  First thing I noted when I looked this property up on Google maps was the relatively close Giordano's location.  A visit there is de rigueur for us when in Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]