Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (Museum Quarter - Vondelpark) Hotel Vondel

hopeland
By hopeland,
in

Well you win some; you lose some.

Based on the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in this zone for $100 (which matched the excellent JL No 76), I tried my usual trick of using NYOP to get the price down as much as possible.  I started bidding at $89, expecting to get rejected, but to my surprise and dismay I actually won with the Hotel Vondel.

This is not a bad choice per se.  It's perfectly located with nice but tiny, tiny rooms.  It's just that I could have gotten this some $20 cheaper at HOTWIRE.  Even the non-refundable retail rates are a couple of $$ cheaper than what I got, though flexible rates are $100.

So, lesson learned.

And of course, I used BiddingHelper.com as always...

Sorry to hear this one didn't go as you had expected.

PRICELINE does still have a 'Best Price Guarantee' which you can file if the regular retail rate is less than your $89 successful bid.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and for helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than you anticipate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip!  I hadn't paid attention to the Best Price Guarantee before.  For this one, I'd save at most $4.  And while I'm all for saving $$ wherever I can, that's not enough to get me to deal with Priceline customer service.

This will be good to know in the future.  I have done things like entered one too many digits when bidding before, but I always catch them thankfully.  But if ever that does happen and I don't catch it, it's good to know there could be some recourse.

Sometimes they will also throw in something extra (like a discount on a future purchase... or sometimes HOTWIRE will give you Hot Dollars (their gift card currency) to use on a future purchase)

You can send an email and just see what happens, if you don't feel like dealing with them on the phone (or do nothing at all :smile:)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]