Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3* Greenpoint/Williamsburg area $78 3/26-4/4

squirrel
By squirrel,
in

I see this offer (currently showing for $82/nite when i search for 2adults/0children) but unfortunately i don't have any insight as to which one it may be as i don't currently see any 3* hotels in this zone that offer an indoor pool.

Are you using this as a NYC-substitute and looking for cheaper accommodations than Manhattan... or is this the actual zone you need to stay in?

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a substitute for Manhattan  - and yes, you're right it's $ 82 (it is showing € 78 here ;-))

We are happy with anything near a subway station with some shops and restaurants nearby - the max before taxes/fees is $ 120,--

there is an interesting offer for a 4* hotel "new to hotwire hotel" in the World Trade Center /Wallstreet area for  $123

with free internet, smoke free, fitness centre, restaurant and business centre

but I would like to save a bit more and have some more spending money in NY and wouldn't mind staying in the Greenpoint/Williamsburg area

I guess I have to do some more research on hotels in that area, maybe I can find the one with the indoor pool ;-)

Please post to the board in USD as it helps keep all rates consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

Some offers within your budget and more centrally located (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $116
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be St. Giles - The Court

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $117
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> The Gallivant Times Square would be my guess here

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $119
Business Center
Fitness Center
==> Doubletree Hotel New York City- Financial District

Although the Greenpoint-Williamsburg hotel may be cheaper than those above, there is absolutely no review information showing for that property (neither an overall percent recommendation nor the individual categories that HOTWIRE asks users to comment on), so i wouldn't use this as a baseline, since it's possible that it's a hotel that is not acceptable (ie- less than 50% recommended by previous hotwire guests and/or low ratings in all other categories)

While the Greenpoint-Williamsburg area has 'come of age' and is re-gentrified over the last decade, unless you have reason to stay here, it's probably more of a place to visit during your trip rather than spend your entire vacation here... the subway ride to/from the hotel will get old very quick (just as it does for those who have to do this to commute to work each day).  As well, these trains are often very crowded (during rush hour) since the area has grown so much over the last few years and the train capacity has not grown in parallel (sometimes stations don't allow for the adding of additional subway cars)

Lastly, staying in a central location within Manhattan will make it easier to return to your hotel throughout the day... whether it be to drop of bags acquired while shopping, put your feet up and rest for a bit given all the walking you'll be doing, or simply to freshen up before heading out for dinner or the nite out.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]