Hotwire Hotel: 3* Secaucus help

Jyllie63
By Jyllie63,
in

Ammenities Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking.

I'm thinking LaQuinta which is not what I want so hoping I'm wrong. I just want one with a shuttle to the Secaucus train station.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would agree with your inclination that the property above is the La Quinta.

I'm very familiar with this area, and if you're looking for something to use as a 'nyc substitute' in order to save money, this area may not be your best option.

If you let us know more about your needs for this trip (how many times commuting to the city over the weekend, how you're getting to the area (flying, driving, bus, etc), your budget (per nite before fees/taxes)) i will try to make some suggestions that will best meet your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. We are staying two nights prior to a cruise out of Bayonne. We will just sleep the first night because we are driving from Ohio and will get there around 6pm. The next day (saturday) we want to go into NYC for the day and prefer to take the train. We took the Secaucus junction train the last time and it was very convenient. Staying in Newark is also an option but it looks like to get a good rate it would involve taking the hotel airport shuttle to EWR and then the train. We will have 2 small kids plus a 16 year old and 2 adults. I'm looking on Hotwire at a 2.5* Woodbridge (not sure how far this is from Newark). and there is also a 3.5* (new to Hotwire hotel) in EWR. We may take a chance on that one. I'm going to try and figure out what the hotels are first. Any help is appreciated!

How many rooms/adults/children are you including in your search?

What is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Are you willing to stay in a different hotel for the nite of 3/24 (when you arrive late at 6pm) and then a different hotel on 3/25 (which you may care more about since you may be 'using' the hotel a bit more than the nite before)

Given that you have a car, is the shuttle a must have or just a want?  I understand if you'll be out late drinking and don't want to drive back to the hotel from the train station, but that doesn't sound like it's going to be the case (with 2 kids and a teenager in tow).

Woodbridge won't be a good option... but there may be better options than Secaucus as well; is taking the bus into the city an option?  How old are the kids (as you should NOTE: that kids under 12 ride free on NJ Transit trains and buses from 7pm Friday thru 6am Monday (kids 4 and under always ride free))

Let me know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for the help!

This is the 3.5* new to Hotwire hotel in EWR. Any ideas?

What's the name of my hotel?

We partner with hotels to give you deeper discounts than standard rates. Hot Rate® Hotel names are revealed once you book.

What's this hotel's star rating?

Star rating guide

Hotels in our 3.5-star collection include

Plus, other brands and independents.

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Airport shuttleBusiness centerFitness centerIndoor pool(s)Pool(s)Restaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free rooms

Reviews

15 hours ago, thereuare said:

How many rooms/adults/children are you including in your search?

??

What is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

??

Are you willing to stay in a different hotel for the nite of 3/24 (when you arrive late at 6pm) and then a different hotel on 3/25 (which you may care more about since you may be 'using' the hotel a bit more than the nite before)

??

Given that you have a car, is the shuttle a must have or just a want?

??

As noted above i'm very familiar with the area, so if you let us know the information above i will offer some of the best options that meet your criteria.

Regardless, we will still need to know the parameters of your search (rooms/adults/children) to assist with the HOTWIRE offer above.  As well,I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases)

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

that is so weird! I copied your questions and answered them and now it's gone. I'll just do it this way.

Searching for 2 rooms (but a 2 br would work) 3 adults 3 children.

would like to keep under $100 total per night.

Would rather not switch hotels, but it's do-able if need be.

We don't want to drive into the city, but can take a car to the train station..

My suggestion would be this offer from HOTWIRE:

3.5* Jersey City - Hoboken - Union City for $93.00
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> where my guess would be the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

You would commute to NYC by bus, but the ride is only about 10 minutes and picks-up and drops off virtually at the front door of the hotel.  As well, you are right on the water so can get a beautiful view of the NYC skyline, there is a Houlihan's restaurant across the street for a casual dinner (also a Ruth's Chris but i'm assuming that's not what you're looking for after a day of driving, but i mention for anyone else following along)... or if the weather is nice it's about a 10+ minute walk to 'uptown' Hoboken where there are plenty of restaurant options to choose from.

Your door-to-door commute time would also likely be cut in half (walking out the door and catching the bus vs. first having to get to the train station).  This hotel does charge for parking, but (at your own risk) you may want to try the parking garage across the street (supposed to only be for the restaurants and offices, but given the weekend may not be enforced, i'm not certain) or the parking lot on the other side of Houlihans (i'm not sure what the signage there indicates who the parking is designated for or if there is a time limit)

Thoughts on this offer?

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct number of rooms and correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Secaucus - North Bergen for $78
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>My guess for this would be the La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands. PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy, but when you click on this listing, the first option is King Bed + Sofabed - Nonsmoking Suite - Free Breakfast, Free Wifi, Mini Fridge, Microwave.

On HOTWIRE:

3.5* Newark Intl Airport EWR for $74.00
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Likely the Crowne Plaza.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. If the above options are not of interest, please let us know more about what you are looking for and we can do further research for additional options.

What train station would you be driving to... one closest to your hotel in Parsippany or to Secaucus? 

Either way, you will then likely need to pay for parking at the train station... better to pay the little extra for the HOTWIRE offer above believed to be the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for convenience and taking using your limited vacation time in the area wisely.

If that is an absolute deal breaker, then i would stay someplace Friday nite that is 'just a bed', and since you'll be driving anyway, stay one nite at the Sheraton to make your NYC commute and drive to Bayonne on Sunday easier. (NOTE: if you do this your GPS may send you Route 95 --> Route 78 --> Exit 14A... but i would sooner cut thru Hoboken and take Route 78 in the opposite direction to Exit 14A... but we can discuss this further if need be)

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at the LaQuinta in the meadowlands several times and based on your parameters, I think this would be great.  You don't want to be in Parsippany, that is a big no. The bus to NYC picks up in front of the LaQuinta and service is frequent.  Parking is free, there is a free breakfast, free wifi, even an indoor pool for the kids.  There's a Walmart and Sam's club nearby, plus a Marshalls and some other shopping.  There are several restaurants nearby as well. 

NJ Transit bus from Secaucus into the city is clean and safe, I have used it many times, it's a bargain.  If you end up taking the bus, there is a $1 a slice pizza place at 40th and 9th.  It's always busy, I just wish it opened before 11 am.....pizza for breakfast. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info.

I am STILL trying to make the right decision. I found this hotel on Hotwire (through BetterBidding) and got these amenities

Free parking

Free breakfast

Free Internet

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Business center

Self-service laundry

Accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

This says New to Hotwire and 90% customer approval. I am thinking Hampton Carlstadt but would like "professional" input. My backup hotel is Sonesta Suites Parsippany. I can cancel this up until the 23rd. So, Secaucus is still my preferred area.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3* Secaucus - Meadowlands for $64.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible
==>  My guess would be the Hampton Carlstadt. 

This listing has a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page, so it certainly appears to get excellent reviews. Would this possibility be of interest? 

The Homewood Suites East Rutherford would be a possiblity as well, but i too think this is more likely the Hampton Inn.

Regardless, it has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating and is within your budget... so why not this one?

just trying to decide if it is actually a smoking or non smoking hotel. If it's not the Hampton then which one is it? Hampton is a smoking hotel and the ammenites says non smoking. I will probably take the plunge anyway but since it has to be paid in full at time of booking I'll wait until payday on friday. Hopefully it will still be there.

The Hampton and the The Homewood Suites East Rutherford have been guessed as possibilities, but with a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating and a reasonable price for the area, there really doesn't seem to be much risk at all in this case.

Please let us know when you are ready to book.

It's possible that the hotel only has a handful of smoking rooms and all HOTWIRE purchases are automatically assigned to non-smoking rooms. (or all rooms unless otherwise requested)

Hopefully the hotel will still be offered once you're ready to make the purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]