Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Millennium Park) Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel

crito
By crito,
in

My 21-year old son is going to a concert at the Adler on the evening of Feb. 11th and I'd like to book him a room for that night.

First question: is the Loop the right area to look in? I figure there should be better deals there than in the livelier sections and he won't care much about other nightlife since the concert will go late. (On the other hand he wouldn't mind walking a little to Millennium Park, etc.)

Second: do you see any particularly good deals? I was thinking 4*, but there's a 4.5* for $93 listed for that night in the Loop. I don't see any 4.5* hotels in the Loop/Theater hotel listings. When I click your "Full Amenities" button here's the list I get:

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

Basically just looking for the best value approximately 4* and fairly close to the Adler that night.

Oh -- and a 21-year old will have no trouble, right?

Thanks, guys!

If you enter 'Alder Planetarium' into the search box of our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com you will see the location of the planetarium... as well as the fact that it's mostly surrounded by park-like features, so no hotels adjacent to the planetarium.

If you then filter the maps to only show 4* and higher rated hotels you'll see that you could book The Hilton Chicago (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $102/nite, which would ensure that he would be very close, as well as just about the same price as the 4.5* above on an all-in basis.

If you still wanted to go 'opaque' the Millennium Park - Grant Park zone is the closest to this location, but note that this zone also goes pretty far north (all the way to the river)... where as the Loop-Theater District zone doesn't go as far south (or as far north) but and is a bit west of the Millennium Park zone.

You may want to consider this option (again, confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $76
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> where my guess would be the Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel (which gets good reviews and you can see on the MAPS and HOTELS.com site is just above the location of the Hilton)

AaronJB knows this area best and i'm sure he will respond once he see this thread, but i at least wanted to get you started with some ideas/options.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay (for him).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the concert is the primary focus and looking for more a place to sleep within a reasonable distance of the concert, then I'd definitely recommend the Blackstone. That's a classic property that underwent a very significant renovation before it opened a few years ago. I'm seeing $139 regular rate (so certainly a good deal for $76) and that would be an easy taxi ride from the Adler.

There are some slightly cheaper options downtown, but they'd be further away from the concert.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The Priceline Express deal that Thereuare linked to was indeed the Blackstone Renaissance. (So I guess this thread should be moved to the Priceline side.) Booked it through that link, of course.

PRICELINE EXPRESS named the zone "Loop-Grant Park" (not "-Millennium Park").

The listed amenities were:

Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Handicap Accessible

Thanks for the advice!

Congrats on your success.

Very good deal for this classic Chicago property and it'll definitely be convenient (a short taxi ride) to the Adler. At check-in I'd suggest maybe asking for a park view - worst they can say is no.

Years ago, there really wasn't much around this property aside from college buildings. In recent years, there's definitely been more of a build-up of restaurants, including options like Cafecito (https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafecito-chicago).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hope your son enjoys his stay and has fun at the concert.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]