Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) Iberostar 70 Park Avenue Hotel

lorcanv
By lorcanv,
in

Hi there

Have you any advice on getting a 4* Hotel in an area of Manhattan that is good for a long weekend stay - i.e. handy for transport and/or some sites within walking distance? Or maybe a good 3.5*

The dates are 20-24 April.

Any idea what these hotels are:

Both PRICELINE EXPRESS deals -

4* Empire State Building Area, amenities:

Very Good 8+ /10

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

£113 a night (£563 inc taxes and charges)

3.5* Empire State Building Area, amenities:

Good 7+ /10

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pets Allowed

Or would I be able to get cheaper using the bidding process?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding.

For the future please post to the board in USD so that all rates on the board are consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations (as well as making it easier for us to find the same hotels among the offers when replicating your search)

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $122
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
>>>St Giles: The Court

4* Empire State Building Area for $136
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Possible match for 70 Park Avenue

I do think that the ESB area is quite a nice area and these are more reasonable Midtown options in comparison to other options in Midtown for these dates. I'd be happy to suggest other options - let us know budget and any other factors you are looking for in terms of hotel - but I do think that ESB would be a fine area to stay.

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately, I'm not really seeing anything else under $140 in Midtown and I really wouldn't recommend downtown when there are options in Midtown in your desired budget range. A 4* in Empire State Building for $136 in the Spring is a very good deal. If not the $136, the next cheapest Midtown 4* options start getting into the $175+ neighborhood and the concern becomes if the $136 option goes, you're left with more expensive options. Traditionally, while not the most expensive time of year in NYC, April/early Spring has certainly seen solid demand for hotels in the city.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congrats on your success.

Definitely a first-rate win for this well-reviewed boutique, especially during a busier period. Glad you are pleased with the result and I think this will be a great home base to explore NYC from.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 months later...

I wonder if this property charges a resort fee. That would be my guess; the hotel is now on offer among express deals, but when I try to NYOP targeting this specific property, a hefty resort fee is added to my bid. Of course I may be wrong, but the name of the hotel chain is also quite telling, "Iberostar hotels and resorts."

4 hours ago, krzysz said:

I wonder if this property charges a resort fee. That would be my guess; the hotel is now on offer among express deals, but when I try to NYOP targeting this specific property, a hefty resort fee is added to my bid. Of course I may be wrong, but the name of the hotel chain is also quite telling, "Iberostar hotels and resorts."

There is no resort fee for this property. If you bid on NYOP and a resort fee is showing it means that one of the possibilities at that star rating in that zone charges a fee... if the hotel you win does not charge a resort fee (or charges a resort fee less than what was shown on the bidding page) then you will not have to pay any resort fee (or pay the lesser amount).  PRICELINE is trying to show you a 'worst case scenario' as to the most your total would be if you were to win the hotel in the zone with the highest resort fee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]